By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh Look. Another Gorgeous Indie Game On The PS4.

crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:

next indie game sony paid for to take it away from other platforms or at least to get it first. seems like sony is even worse right now as microsoft ever was if it comes to that. at least if we talk about the amount of games they pay for and not the amount of money they use for it.

usually sony doesnt pay the devs to get these indie devs to make the timed exclusives on their platforms. usually sony just contacts them, shows interest in what they are doing, sends some dev kits and thats all it takes. these indie devs do not have the resources to go around making their games on every platform, so they want to chose a single platform to start on, and since Sony has been going out of its way really to talk to all these devs and get them on Playstation, they are making their games first on PLayStation. other than dev kits, sony hasnt paid a penny to these devs in most cases

yeah sure and microsoft also never paid for games like fez opr minecraft right? 

why exactly dioes this game no release on pc anymore? because they got a playstation dev kit? suuure

MS probably paid for one or two and minecraft is probably one of them but things like braid, limbo, scott pilgram vs the world quite likely went to 360 first simply because the cell was just a cluster fuck.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
kitler53 said:

i'm not sure sony is really paying for these though.  john blow said very clearly that no money changed hands for his timed-exclusivity on the witness.  he simply stated he is too small a team to support a multiplatform release at launch and thus it was going to be a "defacto timed-exclusive" regardless.  it's on ps4 first because sony has been more active in interfacing with indie, have had their indie policy in place for far longer than MS, and because they are giving indie's a fuck-ton of press that indie's simply can't afford to buy.  ...yet it costs sony nothing except a reputation for having a lot of indie games. 

..the list of games coming to ps4 but not to xbone (or at the very least not until much later) is getting to be massive.  makes me wonder what early adopters of xbox one will play in the first year because their isn't all that much AAA, boxed-titles announced across either platform.

i don't care about a game they showed in february, i'm talking as example about the whole e3 indie library where every game is "first on playstation" even if versions for pc or wii u were announced much earlier. nobody can tell me that it is only coincidence that all these developers changed their mind and thought "ok, first for playstation is the way to go even when we already work on the pc version for an year"

it's funny how microsoft always got bashed for it and that for years even when there was also never a developer saying "microsoft paid for that" so that we never had evidence but with sony doing exactly the same everything is fine...

no, both companies are horrible if it comes to this. 

well, it worked for MS didn't it? 

..having a game go from PC release to not PC release (at launch) certainly is suspicious but i still don't think money has changed hands in most cases.  i honstly think sony's paying for it in nothing more than press releases and a good reputation for a vast majority of them.  in other words,. a good business strategy.

crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:

next indie game sony paid for to take it away from other platforms or at least to get it first. seems like sony is even worse right now as microsoft ever was if it comes to that. at least if we talk about the amount of games they pay for and not the amount of money they use for it.

usually sony doesnt pay the devs to get these indie devs to make the timed exclusives on their platforms. usually sony just contacts them, shows interest in what they are doing, sends some dev kits and thats all it takes. these indie devs do not have the resources to go around making their games on every platform, so they want to chose a single platform to start on, and since Sony has been going out of its way really to talk to all these devs and get them on Playstation, they are making their games first on PLayStation. other than dev kits, sony hasnt paid a penny to these devs in most cases

why exactly dioes this game no release on pc anymore? because they got a playstation dev kit? suuure

What the fuck? This game probably isn't coming to pc at launch for two reasons:

1: Sony has been so helpfull that the console version is being focused on first. Once they release on playstation, the devs finish up the pc port.

2: Sony is publishing the game in one form or another. Of course it's only releasing on playstation first.

kitler53 said:

MS probably paid for one or two and minecraft is probably one of them but things like braid, limbo, scott pilgram vs the world quite likely went to 360 first simply because the cell was just a cluster fuck.

i just don't believe that for many games. and if i start to believe that i also start to believe that ttanfall does only come to pc and xb1 first without microsoft paying for it. or that dead rising and deep down really only come to xb1 and ps4 because microsoft and sony help capcom so much and because a game like dead rising was only possible becaus eof the xb1...

JoeTheBro said:

1: Sony has been so helpfull that the console version is being focused on first. Once they release on playstation, the devs finish up the pc port.

2: Sony is publishing the game in one form or another. Of course it's only releasing on playstation first.

the games was announced last year and is probably almost done on pc. and now they say "exclusive on ps4 and vita in 2014". there is no problem if it will also release on ps4 and vita but nobody can tell me that the pc version wouldn't be also ready.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
kitler53 said:

i just don't believe that for many games. and if i start to believe that i also start to believe that ttanfall does only come to pc and xb1 first without microsoft paying for it. or that dead rising and deep down really only come to xb1 and ps4 because microsoft and sony help capcom so much and because a game like dead rising was only possible becaus eof the xb1...

are you really trying to make a comparision between the 2-man dev team behind Pavilion (the game in the OP in case you don't remember) to international game publishing jugernaughts of EA and Capcom?.. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
If ps4 have so many indies is because sony know how to deal with them. Very diferent from " you do it exclusive or you never put the game on our console " or " need to release a patch ? give me 10 k dolars then ".

instead of shoving money down their throats they give him publicity in their show floors in e3, gamescom , etc and 3 platforms to put them and time in their conferences.

first of all your first paragraph is about something microsoft also doesn't have anymore and i'm not even talking about if these games would also come to xbox otherwise. and secondly, i never said that sony wouldn't get all these games otherwise. i said that all these games went from "on pc" or even "on wii u" to "only on playstation" or "first on playstation" and i just don't believe that it is coincidence that all these indie developers did it just for the love to sony.

crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:

yeah sure and microsoft also never paid for games like fez or minecraft right? 

why exactly does this game not release on pc anymore? because they got a playstation dev kit? suuure

from their comments it seems like its just another timed indie exclusive, which isnt bad. if they paid them, so what? these guys usually dont have any money or barely do. this would just ensure that they have a safer future, or can help them grow and make better games in the future, which is a good thing. this isnt like when microsoft money hats EA for titanFall. EA has all the money it needs and shits money from games like FiFa and madden that release yearly. these guys dont have the resources to release on all platforms at once, so if Sony does give them some money, markets the game for them and helps them make it whats the big deal? yeah its timed exclusive, that sucks. but you will probably still be getting the game in a matter of months. 

kitler53 said:

are you really trying to make a comparision between the 2-man dev team behind Pavilion (the game in the OP in case you don't remember) to international game publishing jugernaughts of EA and Capcom?.. 

why not? i'm talking about sony and microsoft paying developers. and if sony and microsoft pay developers like capcom which has to cost a lot (and which is obvious with dead rising and deep down)  why exactly should i believe that sony and microsoft never pay indie developers? 

microsoft throws money on titanfall, fifa, dead rising, cod, the division and so on. sony throws money on asscreed, watch_dogs, destiny, deep down and so on...

but believing that they do the same with indie developers is wrong even if the money they need for one game like cod for some timed excluisve dlc would be enough to pay probably 10 indie developers?

JoeTheBro said:
crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:

You mean helpful by writing out checks?