By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Penello specifies why X1vsPS4 performance difference is overstated

Source is neogaf. Albert is talking bullshit as usual and gaffers are calling him out http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673713&page=5

Around the Network

What i want to know is why aren't Sony coming out with these Statements as well?????????????????? Why aren't they doing tech comparisons? Maybe letting the machine doing the talking is the best bet? This is one of the reasons why MS receive poor PR cause their corporate suits can't keep their traps shut! They are desperate and everyone knows it. Devs who have both machines know the difference between the machines.

Ashadian said:
What i want to know is why aren't Sony coming out with these Statements as well?????????????????? Why aren't they doing tech comparisons? Maybe letting the machine doing the talking is the best bet? This is one of the reasons why MS receive poor PR cause their corporate suits can't keep their traps shut! They are desperate and everyone knows it. Devs who have both machines know the difference between the machines.

MS PR garbage is reason enough for me to avoid their products , it is like they try to brainwash people.

~ Mod edit ~

This user has been moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post

iamdeath said:
Ashadian said:

MS PR garbage is reason enough for me to avoid their products , it is like they try to brainwash people.

Adinnieken said:
• 18 CU's vs. 12 CU's =/= 50% more performance. Multi-core processors have inherent inefficiency with more CU's, so it's simply incorrect to say 50% more GPU.
• Adding to that, each of our CU's is running 6% faster. It's not simply a 6% clock speed increase overall.
• We have more memory bandwidth. 176gb/sec is peak on paper for GDDR5. Our peak on paper is 272gb/sec. (68gb/sec DDR3 + 204gb/sec on ESRAM). ESRAM can do read/write cycles simultaneously so I see this number mis-quoted.
• We have at least 10% more CPU. Not only a faster processor, but a better audio chip also offloading CPU cycles.
• We understand GPGPU and its importance very well. Microsoft invented Direct Compute, and have been using GPGPU in a shipping product since 2010 - it's called Kinect.
• Speaking of GPGPU - we have 3X the coherent bandwidth for GPGPU at 30gb/sec which significantly improves our ability for the CPU to efficiently read data generated by the GPU.

- GPUs scale diffrently than CPUs and the workloads are massively parallel, thats just wrong.

- ?? This will not help offset the advantage in cores the PS4 has at all.

- The memory Setup of the Xbone is not ideal for graphics.

- 10% more ressources of CPU well Kinect has to listen and has to have ressources reserved at any time the PS4 doesnt have that Handicap. Better Audiochip ? Thats just a guess.  AFAIR Sony mentioned some Co-Processors too. But hasnt further specified what exactly is inside.

-?? How is that relevant ?

- What good can it do if you dont have enough GPU Cores to spare for General Processing anyway ? 

The problem is due to the Esram MS had to sacrifice many transistors that could have been used for processing instead but they decided to use them as a way to make DDR3 usable for next gen.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
Xenostar said:
For someone that says specs dont matter, hes so desperate to prove that its almost equal in power.

LOL, yep. it is also typical Spin, pure denial.

It cant be "typical spin" AND "pure denial" at the same time.  Which is it?

You figure it out big guy...And yes someone can be trying to SPIN something and be in denial at the same time......That would be why they are spending so muhc energy spinning the truth.

kowenicki said:
Nsanity said:
iamdeath said:
Ashadian said:

*picture*

Just ignore him... he isnt worth any of your time. 

truth hurts. Ignore my posts and stop reponsing to them then champ.

kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
Xenostar said:
For someone that says specs dont matter, hes so desperate to prove that its almost equal in power.

LOL, yep. it is also typical Spin, pure denial.

It cant be "typical spin" AND "pure denial" at the same time.  Which is it?

You figure it out big guy...And yes someone can be trying to SPIN something and be in denial at the same time......That would be why they are spending so muhc energy spinning the truth.

I figure you out a long time ago...

So has everyone on this forum figured you out point?

How insecure is this guy? He could just wait for the systems to come out and let the games speak for themselves. Instead he's starting pointless fanboy wars.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kyuu said:
The way how he calculates RAM is pretty unrealistic. Can he be ignorant about this or is he trying to mislead gamers?

And when did Sony ever give their CPU specs for him to start comparing? am I missing something? PS4's CPU exact specs are unknown, other than being based on the Jaguar architecture that is. They might have accelerated the performance as well.

Is it even legal for someone of his position to make comparisons to unconfirmed specs?

Nope, SOMEONE CALL 911!

I am sorry, but asking if this is legal made me literally LOL at work. Luckily I was the only one left in the office.
That was a good one, if you were serious:

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...