By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kinda new to anime , can anyone recomend anything.

SeriousWB said:
12 kingdoms, I'm surprised no one has suggested that yet.

Also, Sereitei no Morbito is fantastic.

Are you talking about junni kokki I would have suggest that if didn't cut off in the middle of the series.Sereitei is also one those epic mythlogical animes so if you liked that have you tried Fushi Yuugi.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

Nobody mentionned Mahoromatic and its sequel, fan service is bearable and the story and action are very good.

Also for Taiho Shichauzo! (You're under arrest), I would recommend to stick with the OVA, the Special sets of episodes and the movie rather than the series, which are not that great.

Now for some weird stuff :

I'd also recommend Gantz though this show is disturbing and very violent (even more than Berserk)
Perfect Blue (this movie is the quintessence of the psycho thriller)
Bokusatsu Tenchi Dokuro Chan (gore and so funny)
Ebichu (ecchi and so funny)

Exblackman said:
SeriousWB said:
12 kingdoms, I'm surprised no one has suggested that yet.

Also, Sereitei no Morbito is fantastic.

Are you talking about junni kokki I would have suggest that if didn't cut off in the middle of the series.Sereitei is also one those epic mythlogical animes so if you liked that have you tried Fushi Yuugi.

Yea Junni Kokki, I still enjoyed it even though it just stopped unfinished.  And no I haven't seen Fushi Yuugi, I'll go look it up now, thanks.

Edit: Ah Fushigi Yuugi! It sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up.

a new manga I found on onemanga.com is Grils Saurus and Girls Saurus Dx which is possibly one of the most hilarious over the top manga I have ever read.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

Here is some anime I have enjoyed ( note I have never watched Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, or Dragonball Z) Anime listed is no particular order for which I think is the best

Anime I think you would defenitely enjoy
1) Scrapped Princess

2) Grenadier

3) History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

4) Kaze No Stigma 

Anime I have personally Enjoyed

Tactical Roar, Crescent Love, Lovely Idol, Gunparade March, Please Twins, Raimouiro Senkitan, Tonagura, Tsuyokiss, Da Capo, Yumeria, Girls Bravo, Happinesss, Happy Seven, Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica, Shining Tears X wind, Prism Ark, Youre Under Arrest, Oh My Goddess, Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun, Myself: yourself, Lamune, Rescue Wings, Izumo, Night Wizard, Kamisama Kazuko, and Kage Kara Mamoru

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

Magnific0 said:
Perfect Blue, yeah it has my seal of approval. Very Good.

Vampire Hunter D, and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, those are great.

Also, Lupin: Castle of Cagliostro

Ayakashi (based on japanese legends)

Scrapped Princess

Kenichi

Code Gaeass

Ramma

Grave of the Fireflies (WWII drama)

Beck (about a rock band)

Infinite Ryvius (great Sci-Fi)

Shigurui (Historical, Samurai, lots of gore)

For the best info go to animenewsnetwork.com

Ah ? 80's anime are admitted, in that case I recommend :

The Mysterious Cities of Gold

Cat's Eye (well some episodes are good)

Fushigi no Umi no Nadia (Nadia - Secret of Blue Water) but if you watch it, you have to skip episodes 27 to 33 (except ep. 31) which are just fillers and bad quality fillers at that.

90's :

DNA²

Please Save my Earth

Rorouni Kenshin (Samurai X) though I prefer the two OVA "Trust and Betrayal" and "Reflection"

Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances) (Funny and Lovely)

more recent one :

Ayashi no Ceres (Ceres, Celestial Legend)

X

Animation Runner Kuromi (if you want to know how anime are made)

Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)

Chrno Crusade

Scrapped Princess (with this one you can't go wrong)

Romeo x Juliet

Haibane Renmei (there's no action whatsoever in this one)

I repeat myself from another thread but :

Now and Then, Here and There (truly a masterpiece in my opinion)

Videogirl said:

That's the anime I am planning on watching today. :D  It's good to hear good things about it. :)

Legend11 said:
Videogirl said:

That's the anime I am planning on watching today. :D It's good to hear good things about it. :)

Ouch! I suggest you keep some tissues and a good dose of antidepressant within reach.

Hope you will enjoy it, despite the childish art style and the harshness of the story it's really a must-see.

Omg too many lol I'm gonna spend the next couple of hours looking at which one's I like , thanx for the feedback everyone :)