By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kinda new to anime , can anyone recomend anything.

Well I just recently got into Anime and I gotta say loving it right now , watched some gundam wing , cowboy beepop , Full Metal Alchemist...kinda cool but didn't [love] it. Then my friend introduced me to Naruto which I  am loving , I think Rock Lee and Gai are the funniest Anime characters ever , anyway I skipped most of naruto to watch shippuden and that's going great but I think it could improve alot.

-Better fighting would be good

-The story line are stupid (but I kinda like that in a weird way)

-Too many filler episodes.

Well anyway to get to the point I'm looking for an anime that has everything Naruto's got in terms of the humour ,acion and more basicly ( please don't say bleach because I watched some of it I didn't realy like it).

So any ideas?`

Around the Network

if you like naruto, most luv one piece and bleach too!

i dont particularly like anime.... but try watchin Akira, Fist of the North Star, Ghost in the Shell....... hmmm cant really think of anytin else....

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

1st I think you should read the Naruto manga because it is much better than the anime. and yea bleach was good at 1st, but then got lame.

Trigun would def. be a good bet, Elfen Lied is cool and kinda gruesome, oh and watch Beserk, but then read the manga because it is so good. that's all I got for now.

oh and Ruroni Kenshin I hear is good. i still need to do a lot of anime watching myself actually. oh and watch the Miyazaki movies. I'm sure you will love those.

Around the Network

I highly recommend S-cry-ed, Great Teacher Onizuka, and Read or Die (OAV and TV).

Also Future Boy Conan, the best show ever.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Samurai Shamplo, great action and story

Afro Samurai if you want to see some insame violence combined with Samuel L. Jacksons voice (it never fails:) 

If you like Cowboy Bepop, you will probably like Trigun.

Some of my favorite movies are: Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Fist of the North Star, Akira, FFVII: Advent Children.

Mafaveli said:
i dont particularly like anime.... but try watchin Akira, Fist of the North Star, Ghost in the Shell....... hmmm cant really think of anytin else....

I feel exactly the same way. My otaku days are well behind me, but all the titles you mention are all classics. You can add Devilman to the list as well.

The fighting in the Street Fighter II anime is pretty cool too. 

Dragon Ball Z....It was my FAVORITE show when I was little...but then the series endee =-(