Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo: CE vs. Metroid Prime

Tagged games:

Which one?

Halo: Combat Evolved 28 28.28%

Metroid Prime 61 61.62%

Too close to call 3 3.03%

Haven't played them 7 7.07%

Total:99

I could never get past the controls of metroid prime. Halo by far for me.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Metroid Prime is my all time favorite game. The atmosphere, feeling of being alone, exploration, having to discover the story instead of it just being told to u, weapons, boss fights are the things that stood out for me.

I love that about Metroid Prime. It's really a perfect example of "show, don't tell" in video games.

archbrix said:
teigaga said:
I haven't played metroid 1 but I played 3, and its story was almost non-existent and when it did make an appearance it was horribly told. Would have better as something more abstract and silent.

I prefer metroid for its atmosphere and sense of discovery but halo has the more interesting combat.

Really hoping to see a metroid 4 this gen, hopefully they learn how to deal with stories and emotion this time.

@bolded: Yep, that's exactly how the first Metroid Prime's story was and it was done spectacularly. Prime 3's storytelling was abysmal, IMO.

OT: Prime wins easily for me but it's also a contender for the single best polygonal-based game ever made along with Zelda:OoT, Majora's Mask and the original Bioshock.

I still think the first Halo was a terrific game.

Oh cool. I never got round to buying the trilogy set because alot of reviews of 3 implied that it was the best, I guess they were just talking about more polished gameplay. Hopefully Nintendo puts wii games on the e-store in the near future, I would like to play the first title, especially after seeing a lot of people here refer to it as their favourite game of all time.

Halo bored me so I'm gonna go with Prime.

Metroid Prime for me. Absolutely loved everything about it, especially the music and loved the way the scanning filled in so much story.

To whoever said Metroid Prime 3 had no story, again, you needed to "discover" the story! It wasn't spoon fed to you, Scanning filled in so much information about a rich universe that you know nothing about otherwise.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime

some of the best boss battles ever ,great value getting all items 100% was just exploration at its best..you can find them by sound or visors and then just blast through that wall it just felt so satisfying everything is satisfying music,bosses,enemies etc...the overall feel in this game is just unmatched. the combat is perfect for rookies or hardcore gamers everyone can enjoy it. visors also help to make the combat more interesting you can detect enemies by heat or x rays..I cant find even one major issue with this game.

Halo is OK but i never felt anything from the above.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Metroid Prime, no doubt

Click HERE and be happy 

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Great point. A big part of what makes Halo so legendary are those firefights. They require you to be smart and tactical, and improvise with the weapons and items at hand. 

completely. Those big open areas, you had places to go around and drop ships placing enemies in strategic assault positions. Even corridor fighting felt like every enemy was carefully placed. Like you said, careful planning of what weapon to use especially in legendary.

The sequels really fell flat when it came to that imo. It became a cash grab. Seemed like you just walked along a very narrow path having a girlfight with every opponent. Metroid Prime 2. Now that's a sequel! I hope you make a versus thread for them. Great idea btw.