By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do Xbox 360 games sell so much better than PS3 world-wide?

the entire fighting game genre sells better on PS3 minus SC4 so...yeah no.

Around the Network

Other then PC, they are the true gamers. They didn't mind paying for Xbox Live when no other console was paying for online. They have the mindset of having the best online experience regardless of a fee. They are gaming nerds that love their headsets and love talking trash online. It's no surprise Microsoft sells more copies of multi platform games.

oniyide said:

Fighters this gen struggle to go past 2 million. I wouldn't bring that genre up to the gun fight. Pa dum pam tsssssssk.

Seriously though fighters reaching success of other genres have been marginal.

CGI-Quality said:
Goatseye said:
oniyide said:

Fighters this gen struggle to go past 2 million. I wouldn't bring that genre up to the gun fight. Pa dum pam tsssssssk.

It's still a genre dominated by one console for specific reasons. Like FPS and the 360.

What are those specific reasons?

From what I remember hearing, ps3 has the most netflix user. If that's true my opinion would be people own 360's to play games. PS3's get used for media. Kind of makes me question the qualitiy of sony's games.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
From what I remember hearing, ps3 has the most netflix user. If that's true my opinion would be people own 360's to play games. PS3's get used for media. Kind of makes me question the qualitiy of sony's games.

Or, the PS3 is used for both media and games. But, I know, makes too much sense...

Explain the overall lower software sales.....

CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:

Or, the PS3 is used for both media and games. But, I know, makes too much sense...

Explain the overall lower software sales.....

I believe that's been explained ten times over in here already. But, interesting thought, why does the PS3 outsell the 360 if it can barely sell games? Why does it outsell the Wii? Gaming consoles, with the least incentives to pick them up, aren't supposed to outsell the competition that has even more games. Makes no sense. ;)

Nobody saidPS3 barely sales games, they just don't sell as much:).  PS3 outsells the 360 because they want a blu-ray player, not so much for games:) PS3 is currently outselling the wii, but the wii has sold  (don't remember the exact number) around 100 give/take consoles. Wii is still number 1 in total sales.

Goatseye said:
oniyide said:

that wasnt my point. And there have been a fair amount of those games made this gen. Cant really say it sells so much better when many games have done better on PS

CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:

Or even better, Netflix isnt hidden behind some paywall like it is on 360. And since a little more than half the 360 users actually use gold...but thats too much common sense for some people

CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
CGI-Quality said:

I believe that's been explained ten times over in here already. But, interesting thought, why does the PS3 outsell the 360 if it can barely sell games? Why does it outsell the Wii? Gaming consoles, with the least incentives to pick them up, aren't supposed to outsell the competition that has even more games. Makes no sense. ;)

Nobody saidPS3 barely sales games, they just don't sell as much:).  PS3 outsells the 360 because they want a blu-ray player, not so much for games:) PS3 is currently outselling the wii, but the wii has sold  (don't remember the exact number) around 100 give/take consoles. Wii is still number 1 in total sales.

So, PS3 only outsell the 360 because people wnat Blu-ray? Yep, we're done here.

lol...PS3 doesn't sell as many games, so what are ps3 owners doing?