By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza: Ishin update coming Monday

Tagged games:

so just how big is this game in japan?

Around the Network

And Sony's conference is on Monday... what a coinkydink!

PS4 Japan release date sep 9
New Yakuzas Ishin News Sep 9

So PS4 exclusive confirmed.

Well, don't care about the yakuza franchise, but I guess it's rather cool for Japanese gamers if it's a ps4 exclusive.

I doubt its a PS4 game, does anyone know how profitable Yakuza 5 was for them?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
SunofKratos said:

Of course it's a PS4 exclusive. Be silly to be any other way, since that where the fans will flock. The news I'm looking for is an update on Atlus, which will cause me to sell a kidney if Sony added them to their first party greatness!

It's be silly to go with an install base of 0 vs an already established console.. Probably a good thing you dont run a development company.

If it is PS4 exclusive dont expect it til 2015.

Oh I am curious how Yakuza sales are. It being Japan exclusive is meaningless because PS3 and PS4 wont be region locked so the games should be getting a great boost from US gamers importing it... If there is any truth to region locking beig bad that is. Ouch 500k for the last 3 games. I thought region free was going to benefit games like this but I see it was just a talking point after all

CGI-Quality said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Why wouldn't it be a PS4 game? That's where they make their money on the franchise. PlayStation systems. Only two other scenarios: PSVita (unlikely), or PS3 (no). AFAIK, Yakuza is always profitable.

With all the talk about Japan moving to handhelds and the fact that Yakuza 5 only sold 0.59 units.  You can bet that a Yakuza on a new platform will probably sell half of that and with them needing to invest more into the game if its a PS4 title, idk it just doesn't make sense to me.

CGI-Quality said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
CGI-Quality said:

Of course it's a PS4 exclusive. Be silly to be any other way, since that where the fans will flock. The news I'm looking for is an update on Atlus, which will cause me to sell a kidney if Sony added them to their first party greatness!

It's be silly to go with an install base of 0 vs an already established console.. Probably a good thing you dont run a development company.

Oh I am curious how Yakuza sales are. It being Japan exclusive is meaningless because PS3 and PS4 wont be region locked so the games should be getting a great boost from US gamers importing it... If there is any truth to region locking beig bad that is.

Wouldn't be silly at all, since Yakuza is always a big seller for PlayStation there (both consoles and individual units). It would be just what would get the Japanese region on board. There's only two other, unlikely, scenarios, and they both point to a PlayStation. 

The last 3 barely broke 500k on a console that is region free and a much bigger install base then PS4. Vita maybe but PS4 would be suicide. You really think 500k is a big seller? lol sorry I just find that amusing. NMH, MAdworld are now big sellers

ListerOfSmeg said:
CGI-Quality said:
SunofKratos said:

Oh I am curious how Yakuza sales are. It being Japan exclusive is meaningless because PS3 and PS4 wont be region locked so the games should be getting a great boost from US gamers importing it... If there is any truth to region locking beig bad that is. Ouch 500k for the last 3 games. I thought region free was going to benefit games like this but I see it was just a talking point after all

Yes that does sound silly, and yet most developers have chosen to develop for the next gen consoles that have an install base of 0 versus the one that's been out for a year. Silly developers, they know nothing.

CGI-Quality said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
CGI-Quality said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Why wouldn't it be a PS4 game? That's where they make their money on the franchise. PlayStation systems. Only two other scenarios: PSVita (unlikely), or PS3 (no). AFAIK, Yakuza is always profitable.

With all the talk about Japan moving to handhelds and the fact that Yakuza 5 only sold 0.59 units.  You can bet that a Yakuza on a new platform will probably sell half of that and with them needing to invest more into the game if its a PS4 title, idk it just doesn't make sense to me.

If Sony is helping out, which is likely, it makes perfect sense.

True, if Sony funds it then it makes prefect sense.