By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Gran Turismo 5 or Forza 3

^I wish not only was there damage, but the car's performance would be adversely affected too

Around the Network

@entroper I was going to say that but I didn't want people jumping on me. If your driver doesn't die and your car drives away after a colision it isn't realistic at all.

I wasn't going more than 25mph when the right side of my car slide into someones rear end. It wasn't drivable unless I wanted the engine to overheat. (The radiator busted along with my car having contact with the tire which tore it up.)

Another thing that makes it unrealistic is the fact that the slightest contact you get damage. So another car can be going 100mph and you can be going 101mph and if you tap the car in front of you there is damage. You would not get damage if you bumped something at such a low speed.

If you can drive away from a 100 mph crash in Forza, youre playing a different game than me. While its not 100% realistic, your car suffers really adverse effects from crashing.

I'm stillconvinced that most people here haven't played a Forza game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

^ are you telling me race over you lose when crashing?

if you crash at high speed, your car might hit 30mph if it runs at all. Your steering and brakes are also gone at that point.

Around the Network

So you might as well end the race because the race just became unfun driving at that point. Realism sucks. If I wanted realism I'd race my 3000GT on the street.

You have the option to turn off damage if you want. My main complaint about Forza is the lack of tracks and the graphics, which I think could look better on the 360.

But it's comical to hear so many people rave about GT when I think the car progression, lack of repetitive races, and car customization in Forza is superior.

Don't get me wrong, I love the GT series also. But strictly speaking gameplay, I think Forza is a little better and less annoying. Plus, Forza's online system kicks ass, something we're still unsure about with GT.

I only played Gran Turismo which was a blast for playstation. I only played my friends Forza 2 which I wasn't too impressed with, so i'm not saying either one is better. I however don't like realism. I'm playing a game. I hated skate and the new tony hawk games because they are trying to become too realistic.

PooperScooper said:
I only played Gran Turismo which was a blast for playstation. I only played my friends Forza 2 which I wasn't too impressed with, so i'm not saying either one is better. I however don't like realism. I'm playing a game. I hated skate and the new tony hawk games because they are trying to become too realistic.

Ah, I see. A few of my friends are the same way. They love arcadey racers while I tend to go more for the blended racers that focus more heavily on the sim side of things. Neither GT nor Forza are hardcore sims, nor are they completely arcadey.

I'll go ahead and exclude games like Mario Kart from this because they're so arcadey that they're fun. I'm not a fan of NFS games and the like that are slightly realistic arcade games. 

rocketpig said:
You have the option to turn off damage if you want. My main complaint about Forza is the lack of tracks and the graphics, which I think could look better on the 360.

But it's comical to hear so many people rave about GT when I think the car progression, lack of repetitive races, and car customization in Forza is superior.

Don't get me wrong, I love the GT series also. But strictly speaking gameplay, I think Forza is a little better and less annoying. Plus, Forza's online system kicks ass, something we're still unsure about with GT.

well GT has much more experiance and I still think GT offers a better epxeriance overall