By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Million Sellers Passed PSP Million Sellers This Week.

When there will be more than 20 , million seller 3rd party Wii games , than it will be something . Still , impressive , congratz for the Wii ( just to stay on topic :P ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

The PSP is sold mostly (here anyways) as a media device. I think I've yet to see a person play a game on the PSP! On the other hand, you have the Wii, which frankly has only one purpose; to play games.
So this is no real surprise, not to me at least, given the two very different types of hadwares innate capabilities.
Just my two cents, but kudos to the Wii for already having so many million sellers only a year and a half into its lifecycle!

Read your sig, FishyJoe.

Comparing the Wii to the PSP is not a good way to try and make the Wii sound like a huge software mover.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Didn't ioi say the PSP software is under tracked? VGC's PSP software numbers are MUCH lower than Sony's shipped numbers.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Reads FishyJoe signature.....reads FishJoe OP....laughs at the irony

Around the Network

good job for wii unless the psp numbers actually are undertracked.

krik said:
Didn't ioi say the PSP software is under tracked? VGC's PSP software numbers are MUCH lower than Sony's shipped numbers.

Of course he did , just that nobody seems to remember except us ... Still , that doesnt means the Wii doesnt makes huge profits for Nintendo via software sales :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Congratulations to the Wii. Not that it's hard to beat PSP software though.

Cherry picking is used metaphorically to indicate the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Also consider the fact that the PSP is missing several million sellers and many of the games are not even being tracked anymore. 

For the record, I made no claims in my post. I only thought it was an interesting milestone, but I present no analysis or conclusions.

Cherry picking is used metaphorically to indicate the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.