By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Colin Moriarty (from IGN) Thinks PS4 pre orders Will Outsell WiiU 1st Month Sales!

Well, according to Vgchartz numbers WiiU sold just over 2m in its first month. I don't know how much over 1m the PS4 has in preorders so far, but while I'd say it's not completely impossible, the fact that Colin Moriarty predicted it makes me lean toward "no".

Around the Network
PigPen said:
mii-gamer said:
animegaming said:
anyone remember this little article from colin 2 years ago http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

oh good shit 

The best article in the internet

You see, Colin Moriarty is just a bias fanboy that works for IGN.  His opinion is no better then yours are mine.

In his defence - his prediction (talking about the op) isn't out of the realm of  the impossible - the only thing stopping the ps4 is how many sony can produce in time for launch

but yeah - colin has proven he is blatantly biased - it will be hard for anyone to take him seriously especially anything concerning nintendo

I don't think that's possible.

There is more

mii-gamer said:
PigPen said:
mii-gamer said:
animegaming said:
anyone remember this little article from colin 2 years ago http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

oh good shit 

The best article in the internet

You see, Colin Moriarty is just a bias fanboy that works for IGN.  His opinion is no better then yours are mine.

In his defence - his prediction (talking about the op) isn't out of the realm of  the impossible - the only thing stopping the ps4 is how many sony can produce in time for launch

but yeah - colin has proven he is blatantly biased - it will be hard for anyone to take him seriously especially anything concerning nintendo

There is more things stopping the PS4 then how many Sony can produce in time for launch.  The 2DS, 3DS, Vita, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, Wii U, Xbox One will all be competing with the PS4 for sells.  Those consoles will be competing with everything else this world makes come this holiday season.  

Viper1 said:

You really expect the PS4 to sell 2 million more than the Wii did?  Nearly twice as much?

Yeah.

My prediction...

Week End 16th Nov: 600k * US launch *
Week End 23rd Nov: 300k
Week End 30th Nov: 900k * BF + EU launch *
Week End 7th Dec: 300k
Week End 14th Dec: 400k
Week End 21th Dec: 600k * Japan launch *
Week End 28th Dec: 500k
Week End 4th Jan: 200k

Total: 3.8m sales = ~5 million shipped.

Around the Network

I dont understand peoples enthusiasm about PS4 launch numbers.
The last successfull launch of a system was the Wii! We live in completely different times now. Sony will have quite some loyal early adopters, but who will buy the console afterwards? There ist still huge competition to the old generation. Nearly every major game releases on PS3/360 as well.
I think we have to prepare for a major disappointment concerning second month and onwards PS4 numbers.

It could happen

Really wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 and Xbone's pre orders were higher than Wii U's first month sales. Nintendo didn't use common sense and waited until September to start their pre-orders whereas Sony and M$ started in June.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

ethomaz said:
Viper1 said:
ethomaz said:
It will be close.

My prediction is close to 5 million PS4 sold in 2013.

You really expect the PS4 to sell 2 million more than the Wii did?  Nearly twice as much?

Yeah.

My prediction...

Week End 16th Nov: 600k * US launch *
Week End 23rd Nov: 300k
Week End 30th Nov: 900k * BF + EU launch *
Week End 7th Dec: 300k
Week End 14th Dec: 400k
Week End 21th Dec: 600k * Japan launch *
Week End 28th Dec: 500k
Week End 4th Jan: 200k

Total: 3.8m sales = ~5 million shipped.

3.8 million isn't close to 5 million.  And since we are talking sold here, shipped isn't going to work.

3.8 million is still almost 1 million higher than any console in history with a November launch.

Good luck with that.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

ethomaz said:
It will be close.

My prediction is close to 5 million PS4 sold in 2013.

Sony says 5.5 million by the end of the fiscal year(March 31st, 2014).

Do you still hold to 5 million in 2013?

The rEVOLution is not being televised