By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Colin Moriarty (from IGN) Thinks PS4 pre orders Will Outsell WiiU 1st Month Sales!

Viper1 said:

Sony says 5.5 million by the end of the fiscal year(March 31st, 2014).

Do you still hold to 5 million in 2013?

Yeap.

Like I said... 5 million shipment is what I expect for my prediction.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Viper1 said:

Sony says 5.5 million by the end of the fiscal year(March 31st, 2014).

Do you still hold to 5 million in 2013?

Yeap.

Like I said... 5 million shipment is what I expect for my prediction.

So...Sony expects to ship 5.5 million by the end of March 2014 and you expect 5 of that 5.5 million in the first 6.5 weeks?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

So...Sony expects to ship 5.5 million by the end of March 2014 and you expect 5 of that 5.5 million in the first 6.5 weeks?

Yeah... I think they are being safe... they will ship fore for March 2014... little over 6 million.

Last i saw Sony said they had 2 million pre-orders. That puts them one million short of the Wii U launch. Its looking like its doable, but we already know the PS4 is gonna be a sucess. The funny part will be to see how the Xbone does.

ethomaz said:

Viper1 said:

Yeah... I think they are being safe... they will ship fore for March 2014... little over 6 million.

Oh, Sony will beat their forecast and ship 6 million now.

So 5 million in the first 6 weeks and then 1 million for the next 12 weeks.

That's an average of 833,333 shipped per week in 2013 and 83,333 per week in 2014.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around your logic.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Viper1 said:

Oh, Sony will beat their forecast and ship 6 million now.

So 5 million in the first 6 weeks and then 1 million for the next 12 weeks.

That's an average of 833,333 shipped per week in 2013 and 83,333 per week in 2014.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around your logic.

Q1 is always a slow quarter for shipment... like < 1.5 million... the 2013 shipment started in July/August (with overturn for the holidays)... it is a way diffenct scenary.

Nem said:
Lasy i saw Sony said they had 2 million pre-orders. That puts them one million short of the Wii U launch. Its looking like its doable, but we already know the PS4 is gonna be a sucess. The funny part will be to see how the Xbone does.

Sony hasn't officially said 2 million plus, that is a thought derived from the word "Millions" being said.  Unless I missed something in the last few days.

Either way, I think the PS4 will hit 2 million+ anyway before launch.  Most of the pre-order fever has passed now, so it will be very slow going.  Especially when no one is guaranteeing system delivery dates any longer.

As far as the XB1, I think that it too will reach close to or exceed 2 million preorders.  Same problem as above about delivery dates won't help it.