By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD ~ Wii U/GCN Comparison Video and More!

UncleScrooge said:
It sure does look nice... any news about that "hero mode"? Wind Waker was way too easy and I won't play through it on normal difficulty again.

The same as Skyward Sword. Enemies do double damage and you can't find hearts in any pots or grass, so the only way to recover health is with potions.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
UncleScrooge said:
It sure does look nice... any news about that "hero mode"? Wind Waker was way too easy and I won't play through it on normal difficulty again.

don't collect all the heart containers.. :))

UncleScrooge said:

We know that it'll be like Skyward Sword's Hero Mode, in which enemies deal double damage and you won't find any hearts in the overworld. It'll also be available from the get go, and can be switched back and forth from the title screen.

@Spurge

They're adding Hero mode and fixing the Triforce quest. They'll also be adding a quick sail that does not require the need for the Wind Waker. And of course Miiverse support.

spurgeonryan said:
That second video is what won me. Are they adding anything extra? Difficulties or areas or anything like Pilotwings 3DS got. I just know critics will or possibly will give it a smaller score if it is more or less the same besides the visuals.

Extra? No. They used dungeons ideas which got scrapped in Wind Waker for later Zelda Games. It's a tweaked experience. Faster sailing, you don't have to change the wind with the faster sail, Wind Waker is faster. More enjoyable Triforce Quest. And Hero Mode.

I love it. And now that they're done with the WW I want them to remake Majora's Mask using this engine. They have to, for the sake of humanity.

Around the Network

This is gonna be awesome. Awesome graphics? Check. A better Triforce Quest? Check.. Faster sailing?  Check. Hero Mode?  Check.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

forest-spirit said:
I love it. And now that they're done with the WW I want them to remake Majora's Mask using this engine. They have to, for the sake of humanity.

Majoras Mask will be for 3DS. 100 %.

Do we know how they'll fix the Triforce fetch quest? That was my biggest gripe with Wind Waker (that and not enough dungeons).

Signature goes here!

i like that they added detail to some walls and surfaces. Preordering this today!

Apparently the bundle is sold out in gamestops across America, http://n4g.com/news/1347406/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-limited-edition-sold-out