By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Gaming on the Cheap: September 2013 Edition

Tagged games:

noname2200 said:
Scisca said:

8 isn't even close. Something around 20 is good enough for me, though I still don't like the prices. If these are the highest prices you can get for these games, it's better, but why the title then? (I honestly have no idea how much 3DS games cost, so I'm not here to troll - I only know what you posted here and just came to the conclusion that 3DS gaming is actually expensive, more expensive than Vita gaming!)

On the Vita I own a lot of games. Uncharted, ACIII:L, Stranger's Wrath, Guacamelee, Rayman Origins, Gravity Rush, Killzone: Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice, WipEout, Alien Breed, Virtue's Last Reward, Little Big Planet, MGS 2&3, Mortal Kombat, Sine Mora, Unit 13, Limbo, Thomas Was Alone, Knytt Underground, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, Ratchet and Clank Q-Force, Jet Set Radio, Retro City Rampage, MotorStorm, Uncharted FFF and a lot more games that I've forgotten about, cause I've deleted them from my memory card ;) Add to that all the PSP games (I've never had a PSP) like 3 GTA's, Trails in the Sky, all FF games, etc. and a bunch of PSX classics and you pretty much see what I already have on my Vita. I'm also sure that a similar lineup on 3DS would cost me much more than what this cost me on Vita. There are still so many games I have to buy this year. Tearaway, NFS, Persona 4 Golden, Rayman Legends and Legends of War are must-haves for me that I still lack.

I feel compelled to point out that any game you got on your Vita via PS+ isn't a game that you own, in any sense of the word. I'm not sure how low the prices of any physical games you've purchased are, but I'm extremely confident that, using the same methodology used in this thread, the prices generally wouldn't be much lower at all. The exception being Nintendo's first-party titles, since folks keep buying those long enough to make a price drop take ages.

I have bought most of these games, though some do come from PS+ (which I love). PS+ not only gives me free games, but so many discounts that actually amass to more than the cost of PS+ :P But the thing is that the price of Vita games is simply lower. I have recently bought LBP for 5 Euro and it costs 15 normally - one of the best games on the platform. Brand new Killzone bought day 1 for 32 Euro and that's the regular recommended retail price for the most anticipated game of the year. Vita gaming is cheaper and no matter what you think of PS+ it also adds to the experience and is a big time argument against 3DS. Many games they give I really enjoy though I'd never buy them myself and I actually won't feel bad if I stop subscribing and lose access to them. All in all, I'm just surpriced how expensive 3DS games are :/

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Minor updates made. Note that several RPG's are now cheaper.

Love and tolerate.

Good to see Etrian Odyssey IV up there -- only $20 at GameStop.

Overall, although the individual games are inexpensive, the total cost of gaming on 3DS is pretty high. There are just so many awesome titles worth owning.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Good to see Etrian Odyssey IV up there -- only $20 at GameStop.

Overall, although the individual games are inexpensive, the total cost of gaming on 3DS is pretty high. There are just so many awesome titles worth owning.

That, and 1st party games never go down in price.

Love and tolerate.