By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese devs/publishers. What's up with them?

Tagged games:

outlawauron said:

After Xillia, I'll take NISA's work each and every day of the week.

I do recall you mentioning you really disliked Millia's (might not be remembering her name exactly correctly) VA, were there other issues?

Around the Network

How many yearly installment games are there? Handful of them. But you make it seem like it's the majority of the Western games.

This a supply and demand type business we're talking about. If the devs wanted to go through a different route probably most of them would be closed.

XBLA has the biggest selection in terms of quantity and quality of arcade games. And MS owns 80% of the heavy hitters.

When you say big companies only investing in AAA games, you're using the wrong figure of speech. Take a look at XBLA again if you own a XBOX(which I doubt) and see how many arcade titles they(EA,UBI,Activ) release on that platform.

Torillian said:
outlawauron said:

After Xillia, I'll take NISA's work each and every day of the week.

I do recall you mentioning you really disliked Millia's (might not be remembering her name exactly correctly) VA, were there other issues?

Milla was the main complaint. You have to play through the game twice and that's puts you at well over 100 hours of gameplay. Hearing an annoying voice for so long..... It makes you not want to play the game (and has happened. I'm about 3-4 hours away from beating it, and I just don't feel like it).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Goatseye said:

How many yearly installment games are there? Handful of them. But you make it seem like it's the majority of the Western games.

This a supply and demand type business we're talking about. If the devs wanted to go through a different route probably most of them would be closed.

XBLA has the biggest selection in terms of quantity and quality of arcade games. And MS owns 80% of the heavy hitters.

When you say big companies only investing in AAA games, you're using the wrong figure of speech. Take a look at XBLA again if you own a XBOX(which I doubt) and see how many arcade titles they(EA,UBI,Activ) release on that platform.

No offense, but I think you really need to recheck some of your facts before posting stuff like this. What exactly are "arcade games" that you keep referring to? It's obvious you're a massive Xbox gamer from you constant references, so am I to assume you're just referring to the Xbox Live Arcade service, and the downloadable INDIE games on it? Or are you talking about actual arcade games, as in games that were originally in the form of arcade machines, in actual, physical video game arcades?

A handful? Not all are literally yearly, but let's just count, shall we? Call of Duty, Lego _____, Battlefield, Halo, Assassin's Creed, Madden, NBA Live, NCAA Football, FIFA, WWE, Just Dance, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Grand Theft Auto, Saint's Row, Spyro/Skylanders, Gears of War, God of War, Infamous, Batman Arkham _____, Killzone, NBA 2K, Need for Speed, Dragon Age, Fable, Forza Motorsport, etc. etc. etc. etc.

And just for future referrence (not that really need to respond again), you might want to indicate who you're replying to when making a post like this. Toodles.

DevilRising said:
Goatseye said:

No offense, but I think you really need to recheck some of your facts before posting stuff like this. What exactly are "arcade games" that you keep referring to? It's obvious you're a massive Xbox gamer from you constant references, so am I to assume you're just referring to the Xbox Live Arcade service, and the downloadable INDIE games on it? Or are you talking about actual arcade games, as in games that were originally in the form of arcade machines, in actual, physical video game arcades?

A handful? Not all are literally yearly, but let's just count, shall we? Call of Duty, Lego _____, Battlefield, Halo, Assassin's Creed, Madden, NBA Live, NCAA Football, FIFA, WWE, Just Dance, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Grand Theft Auto, Saint's Row, Spyro/Skylanders, Gears of War, God of War, Infamous, Batman Arkham _____, Killzone, NBA 2K, Need for Speed, Dragon Age, Fable, Forza Motorsport, etc. etc. etc. etc.

And just for future referrence (not that really need to respond again), you might want to indicate who you're replying to when making a post like this. Toodles.

I highlighted those games to ask you what we're counting them for? You don't know what arcade games on XBLA are?

And you're arguing on this thread about most Western devs not being creative? Get out of here.