By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [RUMOR]Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU Core Stacked Inside the APU

ethomaz said:

Machiavellian said:

No need for links, I always do my own research.  Driveclub looks good but it looking better than Forza is probably going to be more personal opinion as I just watch footage from both games and so far Forza looks cleaner.  I did see some chop in the driveclub footage but that can be smooth out at launch.  What FPS is it running at.  Now estimated as I already read that part.  Any confirmation the game is running at 60FPS.

30fps but they changed the target to 60fps after GamesCom... Killzone too.

I don't know what you mean cleaner because in terms of environment, lighting and details/objects on the screen DriveClub makes Forza 5 looks like cartoon... Forza 5 have better cars and diffent physics (better for me but that's personal because I prefer sim over arcade).

Side note... Evolution is testing the new VR (Oculus Rift type) device with DriveClub... you need the game running at 60fps for that.

Just like the Killzone they stated they will attempt to reach that mark.

Clearner in that watching your links and the ones from forza, the thing that comes out very clear is jittery, screen tear and low quality of the shadows in Driveclub.  

Side Note, Testing and doing is always a big difference if something will be done.  Also cutting back on the graphical resolution is always an option which has been done for Sony games using 3D.

Around the Network

Machiavellian said:

Clearner in that watching your links and the ones from forza, the thing that comes out very clear is jittery, screen tear and low quality of the shadows in Driveclub.

Side Note, Testing and doing is always a big difference if something will be done.  Also cutting back on the graphical resolution is always an option which has been done for Sony games using 3D.

I know it is your opinion but shadows are far way better in DriveClub than Forza 5... just to hint.

ethomaz said:

Lulz said:

So first you try stating your opinion that PS4 games are ahead of Xbox One in graphics as fact, but then in the same post admit that it's impossible to compare.

You should try getting out of your own way.

No. First I said PS4 games are ahead in graphics terms than Xbox One games.

+ KIllzone looks better than anything else in Xbox One
+ DriveClub looks better than Forza 5

The only game that looks next-gen in Xbox One is Ryse but the things are starting to change too... I don't know why.

Now he asked specificly for Battlefield 4... it is impossible to compare Battlefield 4 because there is no Xbox One footage.

I think you need to get better what the people wrote

Killzone looks good but driveclub is not in the sme level of forza graphically.

Going back to this rumor..... think it is false. Ryse anf forza look great but ki is only 720p.

In the end it doesn't really matter to me. I've always had te inferioir hardware like ps1,ps2 and 360.

ethomaz said:

Lulz said:

So first you try stating your opinion that PS4 games are ahead of Xbox One in graphics as fact, but then in the same post admit that it's impossible to compare.

No. First I said PS4 games are ahead in graphics terms than Xbox One games.

+ KIllzone looks better than anything else in Xbox One

The only game that looks next-gen in Xbox One is Ryse but the things are starting to change too... I don't know why.

Now he asked specificly for Battlefield 4... it is impossible to compare Battlefield 4 because there is no Xbox One footage.

The Killzone part is subjective.  As Ryze to me looks just as good if you are comparing graphics.  Since both offer a different type of game and experience its hard to judge visual fidelity between the 2.

As for DriveClub looking better than Forza, pure opinion.  The only game that really impressed me on the PS4 is Infamous.  Now that looks great but we will see if Quantum Break is in the running.  Remedy stated that a lot of the footage we saw in the game was part ingame and playable so we shall see in about 6 months if the PS4 can separate itself from the X1.

ethomaz said:

Machiavellian said:

I know it is your opinion but shadows are far way better in DriveClub than Forza 5... just to hint.

Its not just my opinion, you can actually see it when you play the movies side by side. Just because Driveclub might be using better tech doesn't make the finished product look better which was a large critizism at E3.

Around the Network

Machiavellian said:

Its not just my opinion, you can actually see it when you play the movies side by side. Just because Driveclub might be using better tech doesn't make the finished product look better which was a large critizism at E3.

E3 to GamesCom build is water to wine... the difference is a huge leap.

And no... it is not my opinion... the strong point in DriveClub (that makes he looks better than Forza 5) is lighting and shadows... like a lot of previews said the lighting is unrecorded with offscreen cameras.

ethomaz said:

Lulz said:

No. First I said PS4 games are ahead in graphics terms than Xbox One games. OPINION

+ KIllzone looks better than anything else in Xbox One OPINION
+ DriveClub looks better than Forza 5 OPINION

I think I get what you write just fine. Have any facts to share?

selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Hope its true. Just wait for etomaz to come here and spin this thing around.....waiting...

There is nothing to spin.............this is a rumour and highly unilkely, all the hardware specs have been officially outlined for ages.

Actually thats not true. Theres about 30 % of Hardware info Microsoft is not saying anything about. It is a fact that there is a NDA on the APU design in Xbo One. Why? Who knows. But this is the 7th rumour on this in 3 weeks. So who knows.

On the real side. So far the PS4 dos not have ay game visuals that beat XboX One. ITs only launch I know. Bu if PS4 is relly more powerful, why do Sony feel the need to mention it 500 times a week. Saying look at Killzone etc. Because Forza 5, Ryse and Quantum Break all look at th top for ingame visuals. PS4 is currently leadinng nothing in the graphics department on release. And I expect DF and reviews to support this on launch.

inFAMOUS Second Son

Nuff said

ethomaz said:

Wait, what?

This topic didn't  take long to get de-railed.

It's just that simple.

ethomaz said:

Machiavellian said:

Fascinating. I didn't realize that shadows were the sole determining factor in evaluating grahpics.