By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hot Shots Golf also has 20min install time?!

Source

According to reports, Hot Shots Golf has hit the same issue which has plagued Devil May Cry 4, in that it takes 20 minutes to install on the Sony PS3.

According to the reports coming out it takes 20 minutes to install the 5GB of data onto the PS3 hard drive needed to run Hot Shots Golf.

There is no word if this is going to be in the final retail version, but considering that it was in the retail version of Devil May Cry 4 from Capcom, it is definitely a possibility.

Stay tuned to see how this game continues in its development. As of right now though it looks like Sony gamers are going to lose another 5GB of data on their PS3 hard drive, and have time for lunch while the game installs."

ok, so are all future PS3 games gonna have installs? wtf. Just buy a damn PC then. Kinda ruins a big advantage of having a console in my opinion. Oh, wait but your saving a couple of precious seconds durning cut scenes...pffft. whatever.

Around the Network

yeah, heard that on PS3 fanboy website, there's already a thread for it, I think

COmpletely nonsensical, I have no idea what they are doing with this.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

ROFL installation of sleep

if this is true, it would be some bad news

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Uh. Isn't Hot Shots Golf already released in Japan? So... shouldn't it be the same as Japan, which i'd guess has no load times if this is the first we've heard of it.

Either way, it seems like a minor annoyance if anything to me.  I'd just play a computer game while it installs.

kirby007 said:
ROFL installation of sleep

if this is true, it would be some bad news

well, I defended DMC and said I'd be eating or showering during installation time, Which I will, but there's no sense installing a GOLF game. WTF?

very disappointed in Hand Clap (or whatever the developer is called). I don't think I heard that Japanese version needed it. WTF? 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

What the hell is going on with these devs? Is the PS3 really that bad, memorywise? Well, it's fine by me, at least until it happens with a game that I want to play :p

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

so what if a 40Gb user has 7-8 games they like to flick between, especially as HSG could easily be a game where you pick it up, leave it and come back to it down the line.

People bitched about the Wii's lack of memory with downloads but if this becomes the norm for PS3 titles then relatively it's even worse.

What's going to happen to people with the 20GB PS3 if games keep requiring these downloads?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

WTF is it so slow for? The mandatory install isn't that big a deal, but God that's long. Compare these install times to PC. WTF

Ugh, I hate all these mandatory installs. One of the reasons I love consoles is because I don't have to waist time with that and invest in space on my console.

For those people with the 20 and 40 gig machines it's going to suck if this becomes the norm. When their drive starts getting full (if it already hasn't) they're going to have to start making decisions and it's going to start to suck.