By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The games of 08 : PSP .

Ive created this thread to the suggestion of Darknight_DS . The PSP will have a great year , and Il try to put up the most important games , for all regions . Note this is a list for newer game , and they are in an absolut random order . There where already some great PSP games released in 08 ( ex : Pursuit Force : Extreme Justice , Downstream Panic , PES 08 ) . PS : my descriptions are low-quality , and I have probably tons of mistakes , but I dont want to copy/paste them from another site .

1 . God of War : Chains of Olympus . Kratos is back , this time around hes fighting beasts on the PSP . Will Ready at Dawn be able to impress us again , as they did with Daxter ? Well it seems so . Release date : March 04

2 . Crisis Core : Final Fantasy 7 . The long announced FFVII spinoff is coming at last to the US and EU . It already made a big splash in Japan , now its time for us . Release date : March 25 .

3 . Monster Hunter Portable 2 G . Japans favorite PSP RPG is getting some new monsters and tons of new stuff . Though this game is not big here , in Japan its the most important PSP game .Release Date : March 27 ( Japan ) .

4 . Dissidia : Final Fantasy . A brand new brawler game , filled with characters taken out from the Final Fantasy universe , this brawler promises a lot . The question is : will it deliver ? Release date : TBA 08 ( Japan ) .

5 . Patapon . A new game from the creators of the wonderful Loco Roco . A rhythm based strategy game , that really promises a lot , and comes at the low cost of 20 $ . A must buy for most PSP owners . Release date : February 26 .

6 . FlatOut : Head On . One of the few games that can call themselves a Burnout rival . FlatOut is heading for the PSP , in an all new installment . Release date : March 11 .

7 . Wipeot Pulse . The sequel of for the most popular PSP pod-racer is coming to the US . European gamers already had the chance to play it in December , and now its US gamers turn . Release Date : February 12 .

8 . flOw . The popular downloadable PS3 game is coming to the PSP . Will the lack of tilt controls hurt the title , or will it make it even batter ? Release date : March 6 .

9 . Secret Agent Clank . The creators of Ratchet & Clank : Size Matters are making a new game . this time around the main character is Clank , and he is going undercover . Another great , minigame full platformer is coming for the PSP . Release date : TBA 08

10 . Buzz for PSP . The popular quiz show game is finally coming to the PSP . Not much is known about this game yet , but it will probably be similar to the PS2 games : questions , questions , questions . Release date : TBA 08 .

11 . Everyday Shooter . Yet another PS3 downloadable game is coming for the PSP . Not much info was revealed about this game, but seeing the quality of the PS3 version , it will probably not dissapoint . Release date : TBA 08 .

12 . Phantasy Star : Portable . Yes , the famous RPG is heading for the PSP ( as a port ) . Th eonly drawback for this game is probably the fact that it lacks online . Other than that , we can expect for a quality port . Release date : TBA 08 .

13 . Ecochrome . This new and original puzzle game is comming for both the PSP and PS3 , but personally , I think this game suits best a portable machine . Release date : TBA 08

14. Need For Speed : Prostreet . Yes , its a multiplatform game , but the PSP version is getting a bunch of new features . This is one EA game that portable racing fans should look out for . Release date : February 18 .

15 . CID The Dummy . Another multiplatform game , that deserves all the attention it can get . The game was announced back in 05 , exclusivly for the PSP , but now it will come to the PSP , Wii , PS2 , PC and DS . Release date : Q2 08 .

16 . Kingdom Hearts : Birth By Sleep . The chances for this game to come out this year , even in Japan , are low , but still , because many sites report it as a Q4 release I will add it to this list . I dont think that nay presentation is needed . Release date : TBA .

17 . R-Type Command . A real classic gets tactical treatment . Though the japanese version wasnt praised much , developers promised to tweak it for the US release . Release date : March 3 .

18 . Wild Arms XF . A new edition for the popular RPG will arrive to the PSP early this year . The game that is often compared to high-caliber series like Final Fantasy will probably not dissapoint . Release Date : March 3 .

19 . Hot Shot Golf Portable 2 . The well known Playstation golf simulator will probably arrive this year to US and EU gamers to , afther its good debute in Japan . There are also two demos released for the game . Release Date : TBA 08 .

20 . Star Ocean : First Departure . Squares famous RPG game gets the remake treatment on the PSP . The game was allready released in Japan , and because its popularity it will probably arrive here to . Release date : TBA 08 .

21 . Star Ocean : Second Evolution . Afther releasing the first remake , Square Enix is allready preparing the second game for the Japanese audience . Release date : April 2 ( Japan ) .

22 . Yuusha no kuse ni Namaikida . The game that has some surprising legs in Japan . Its allready considered to be a cult game , and lets be honest , the 16 bit visuals , and the fact that your playing a negative role is more than interesting . There is a demo for this game to for anyone interested . Release date : TBA 08 .

23 . Yggdra Union . Yet another RPG game for 08 ( though this was already released in Japan ) . This is a GBA game port , with updated visuals . The original game was a pretty high-rated game . Release date : TBA 08 .

24 . Coded Soul . The famous PS3 game , Folklore is getting a PSP version . Luckily its a brand new game and not a port . Release date : TBA 08 . ( Released and bombed unfortunatly thiw week in Japan ) .

25 . Warriors Orochi . The famous war simulator is getting another sequel . No doubt that it will make at least some noise in Japan , upon its release . Release date : February 21 ( Japan ) .

26 . Tales Of Rebirth . The 6th game in the popular RPG serie is getting ported to the PSP . Namco Bandai usually makes good ports , so hopefully this one wont dissapoint neither . Release date : March 19 ( Japan ) .

27 . Valhalla Knights 2 . The sequel to one of the PSP more popular RPGs is comming . Many state that its a bad game , many praise it to the heavens . Only time will tell how good this game ill actually be . Release date : March 27 ( Japan ) .

28 . Bleach : Heat The Soul 5 . The famous , Japanese fighter is getting yet another sequel on the PSP . Lets hope that this time arround it will come to the US to . Release date : TBA 08 ( Japan ) .

( screenshot from Bleach : Heat the soul 4 ) .

29 . Powerful Pro Portable 3 . The weird baseball simulator is getting a third instalment on the PSP . Will it deliver the same ammount of fun ? release date : April 24 ( Japan ) .

30 . Star Wars : The Force Unleashed . ANother interesting multiplatfor game . Developers are trying to lurke gamers into buying the PSP version with tons of extra stuff , including exclusive gameplay modes . Release date : Q2 2008 .

31 . MLB 08 : The Show . Sonys exclusive baseball simulator is getting yet another edition . With tons of new extras this will be a must-have for PSP owning baseball fans . Release date : March 03 .

PS2 : if I missed out a game , feel free to tell me and Il add it asap :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

only 5 new series from that crop, the psp needs more original games, where is locoroco when you need it

niiice list!

Very excited to get God of War (played the Demo) and Crisis Core (played the Imported version)

In fact, the reason I got my first PSP was for Crisis Core.

but what I'm looking forward most is Dissidia, IGN has a very positive thing to say about it.

Kingdom Heart is going to be the extra icing on the cake.

I don't know anything about Phantasy Star, is it a turnbased RPG?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I can never get into PSP games much as I usually jsut play on the go but there are some great titles out this year. (mostly by SquEnix)

What's happing to the Gran Turismo for the PSP?

Hmm, pie.

All these games look like a must buy for me! Finally, a great year to be a PSP owner :D

Around the Network

I am most definitely getting God of War and Crisis Core.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
kingofwale said:
niiice list!

Very excited to get God of War (played the Demo) and Crisis Core (played the Imported version)

In fact, the reason I got my first PSP was for Crisis Core.

but what I'm looking forward most is Dissidia, IGN has a very positive thing to say about it.

Kingdom Heart is going to be the extra icing on the cake.

I don't know anything about Phantasy Star, is it a turnbased RPG?

Nope ... its a regular real time RPG , and it was one of the Dreamcasts online showcaser ... the PSP misses that feature unfortunatly :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Star Ocean: The First Departure

Remake of the original Star Ocean using an updated SO2 engine, features improved battle mechanics, new animated cutscenes, 3D World map, voiced dialogue and new playable characters. Release date: TBA 2008

Star Ocean: The Second Evolution

Updated port of Star Ocean 2, features an updated engine, new animated cutscenes, voiced dialogue, new playable chaarcters and new scenarios. Release date: TBA 2008

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

> the PSP misses that feature unfortunatly :(

well, it's not like you can get online on-the-go like myself (2 hours daily commute on the subway),

when you say Real-time, do you mean like Crisis Core or like FFXII?

blah, any RPG is good for PSP at this point.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Some pretty interesting stuff there, most importantly very few PS2 ports. I gotta get a PSP eventually if it keeps getting stuff I want at this rate. ;___;

Seeing Patapon with English text kinda ruins some of the magic for me. It was much cuter with everything in Japanese, so I could only understand a few random words here and there. =P