By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with names that are entirely ridiculous

So I make strange threads like this every once and awhile. The previous one was the Engrish Thread (Vol. 1), today's segment is "Games with names that are entirely ridiculous." I want user participation, but I'll start off with two categories:

Games with names that are entirely too long

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day is a mouthful as it is, but the Japanese title is just beyond ridiculous. I present to you Touhoku Daigaku Mirai Kagaku Gijutsu Kyoudou Kenkyuu Center: Kawashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training. Yes, that's it's full name in Japan. The sequel's title is just slightly longer (Touhoku Daigaku Mirai Kagaku Gijutsu Kyoudou Kenkyuu Center Kawashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training).

Games with entirely inappropriate names

Dragon Wang - Not as inappropriate as it sounds! (the reviews are humorous)

Do you like horny bunnies? - As inappropriate as it sounds! 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg

Phantasmagoria---just sounds naughty

Zack and Wiki: quest for barbaros treasure

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist--long name

Around the Network

metroid prime - think about it, great use of innuendo

I'm surprised it's not mentioned already, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Little King and The Promised Land. (Boy that was tiring!)

Long

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Inappropriate (but hilarious)

Redneck Rampage: Suckin' Grits On Route 66 - Seriously, WTF?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Kirby Squeek Squad ... thats just wrong ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I always thought subtitled sequels that aren't spinoffs getting sequels was a bit ridiculous:

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
etc.

Of course there's always "On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness".... Who uses a prepositional phrase as a game title?