By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii Game: Band Mashup Preview

Woah, that setlist is great and it's not even full. I'm intrested.

Around the Network

kingofwale said:
and please quote me in my "posting history" where I said I want this game to, quote "turn out crap"

This game does have great potentials, it might even do better than Guitar hero (less to buy, more cool way to battle), but look at the graphics, look at the controls, I'd be shocked if the game gets a 8.

Good idea, bad execution, just like Boogie

You're pretty quick to pass judgement on a game that's not even out yet.

And you wonder why I call you trollofwale.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

This could be big amongst casual gamers.

But WOW, is the Wii getting a lot of music-based games.

Currently: DDR, GH3, Boogie
Coming: Band Mashup, Rock Band, Samba de Amigo, and I think there's a couple more too

At least half are Wii exclusive. Seem Wii is starting to own this genre

kingofwale said:
lol, but it's not you, they are the demo guys, they supposed to practice it first so they don't look like asses while playing.

I mean, when they demo Halo 3, you don't just pull out a guy who never played the game. right? I hope it's not due to the lack of programming with Wiimote.

Also, Gosh, work on the graphics. I know it's for casual fans, but what the hell is that I'm looking at?

Have you never seen Demo guys before?  70-80% of demo guys look like they've never picked up the game before.

kingofwale said:
and please quote me in my "posting history" where I said I want this game to, quote "turn out crap"

This game does have great potentials, it might even do better than Guitar hero (less to buy, more cool way to battle), but look at the graphics, look at the controls, I'd be shocked if the game gets a 8.

Good idea, bad execution, just like Boogie

I get that you're not excited for the game and I'm cool with that; not everyone has to like every game.  What bothers me is you're hating it for the absolute wrong reasons.

1. Graphics-- the game doesn't even have a release date yet.  There is a lot of time left to work on that.
  2. Content-- 30 songs is a lot of songs and the fact that each song has at least 4 variations makes that 30 seems even more impressive.   When you add on that this is a brand new franchise and that this is more of a battle of the bands that isn't just a guitar Hero clone it is pretty impressive content wise.
  3. Controls-- With every Wii game you have to be worried about controls but I'm not too worried.  You can't tell that it's bad execution by a single video and even from a small series of videos you never know until people actually get their hands on the game and start commenting on the game.  Everyone thought Lair had fantastic controls until people actually started playing it. 

Right now we're still just looking at the concept of the game.  That concept is to battle with people with popular songs in unusual styles.  That's pretty cool.  If the game was coming out next week and it still looked like that and we hadn't heard anything on the controls then I would be worried, but the game isn't coming out next week so we know nothing. 

Around the Network

@twesterm

I don't hate the game, I'm just not excited from what I've seen so for (which is the only thing I can base it on, the video preview). I mean, you can look at the bottle half full like you, and expect them to fix all the graphical and all the issues. Or you can look at it like me and expect another Boogie-wannabe.

I mean, I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but I've seen way too many games with good potential and very easily fixed problems, but they still come out unfixed and gets horrible review and never been seen again.

Yes, I'm looking at you Lair and your control issues.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
@twesterm

I don't hate the game, I'm just not excited from what I've seen so for (which is the only thing I can base it on, the video preview). I mean, you can look at the bottle half full like you, and expect them to fix all the graphical and all the issues. Or you can look at it like me and expect another Boogie-wannabe.

I mean, I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but I've seen way too many games with good potential and very easily fixed problems, but they still come out unfixed and gets horrible review and never been seen again.

Yes, I'm looking at you Lair and your control issues.

Perhaps hate is the wrong word there, but the point of my post remains the same.  It's still too early to say things like Also, Gosh, work on the graphics. I know it's for casual fans, but what the hell is that I'm looking at? and Good idea, bad execution, just like Boogie.

Like I said, right now we're just at the concept stage.

I am standing correct on how terrible it looks though, Unless they make it better, that will remain my major complain.

It might be too early to judge the game itself, but they put themselves up for this ridicule when they decided to unleash those 2 videos.

Still, I'm not hoping for much, Apparently I hated SIngstar but the European digs it, so i guess people all have different taste.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

game is by THQ... not a good thing, and the tracklist is shitty, buy rockband instead, best rhythm game ever

Hmm, looks like the Music Rythym genre is starting to mature.

Guitar Hero innovates by introducing the genre. (DDR doesn't count, don't ask)
Everyone imitates it as much as they can (Band Mashup, Rock Band, moar Guitar Hero)
Soon it will saturate.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.