By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii Game: Band Mashup Preview

I saw that preview yesterday and I think it looks very interesting and fun. I love the graphical style, just pure fun.

Also, the gestures seem to be well registered from the video I saw, what are you talking about kingofwale? The person just missed notes here and there, it's easy to see as the little icon follows the remote movements 1:1.

Around the Network

>Also, the gestures seem to be well registered from the video I saw, what are you talking about kingofwale?

well, on the video, there's button moving up. to register the hit, you have to wait until the button shows up and you move your Wiimote to the right location, right?

the cursor moves way too fast, and some misses are from the fact it moved fast there and then it changed back to the original location.

Let's all wait for the final game before passing on our final decision

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>Also, the gestures seem to be well registered from the video I saw, what are you talking about kingofwale?

well, on the video, there's button moving up. to register the hit, you have to wait until the button shows up and you move your Wiimote to the right location, right?

the cursor moves way too fast, and some misses are from the fact it moved fast there and then it changed back to the original location.

Let's all wait for the final game before passing on our final decision

Yes I agree, we'll have to wait until people have played it to see how it is exactly, which means you shouldn't start dissing it right away.

You say that you have the impression that if the person does the movement in advance, it doesn't work. Souns like every single game in the same genre has the same problem: press the button at the right time, or miss.

Also, from what I've seen and read I think it's more like a movement thing, not so much of a "position the cursor at the right spot". If I'm right, it's not moving too fast... the person is just doing it too fast.

Chadius said:
Hmm, looks like the Music Rythym genre is starting to mature.

Guitar Hero innovates by introducing the genre. (DDR doesn't count, don't ask)
Everyone imitates it as much as they can (Band Mashup, Rock Band, moar Guitar Hero)
Soon it will saturate.

Guitar Hero? DDR? What about Space Channel 5 and Samba de Amigo? The Dreamcast never gets any credit.

I find it kind of silly that anybody's talking about graphics in a rhythm game. If you're playing Rock Band and noticing the graphics at all, it's time for you to kick up the difficulty a notch. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I loved the cover versions, i hope the other songs turn up great as well. Graphically, it needs a little refreshing but graphics were never important on games like GH. It looks insanely fun.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

perhaps, just perhaps kingofwhale that the Face Off doesn't come into play until one player pulls ahead of the other by a significant amount, therefore for the sake of a 1 minute video the player had to miss if they were going to demonstrate how that worked.

Notice how the Face Off switched from one to the other in the Insane in the Brain video - that tells me that at some point perhaps both players had no problem hitting a selection of notes as I doubt that the Face Off would just appear randomly.

You haven't played the game, dont know the players, dont know how the game hangs together yet you have it dismissed as a bad graphical version game that lacks wiimote accuracy within half a dozen posts written by a Company whose only got themselves to blame as they put this demo out there with these accuracies you've "expertly" picked up on.

You did exactly the same as this on my Zack and Wiki and several other posts - it seems to me you've got more pairs of rose tinted glasses than Elton John.

this could turn out to be a really fun game i hope the developer doesnt screw it up.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Not a guitar hero or a rock band, but I will try it for sure.

I've got the touch!!

kingofwale said:
and please quote me in my "posting history" where I said I want this game to, quote "turn out crap"

This game does have great potentials, it might even do better than Guitar hero (less to buy, more cool way to battle), but look at the graphics, look at the controls, I'd be shocked if the game gets a 8.

Good idea, bad execution, just like Boogie

Well, I couldn't be more glad to have the "search" feature on this forum. In one way, keep people responsible to what they say.

I took a lot of abuses for making my prediction above, All I'm saying is, I am glad I stood by it and here's the review for it

http://wii.ign.com/articles/869/869295p2.html

5.6 out of 10.

4.5 Gameplay
Hopelessly shallow. Based around a few Wiimote gestures, which usually aren't fun.

5.0 Lasting Appeal
This is a one trick pony. After the initial novelty wears off there's nothing in the gameplay to keep you going, and nothing to work towards.

Now... waiting for Wiicheer review

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)