By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I wanna start watching anime, where do I start?

Mmmfishtacos said:
Galaxy express 999 ( three nine)
Barefoot gen
Serial experiment Lain
Ghosts in the shell
Akira
Speed grapher
Witch blade
Efin lied
Claymore

Check out barefoot gen first.

That Barefoot one looks good from the footage I saw.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Galaxy express 999 ( three nine)
Barefoot gen
Serial experiment Lain
Ghosts in the shell
Akira
Speed grapher
Witch blade
Efin lied
Claymore

Check out barefoot gen first.

That Barefoot one looks good from the footage I saw.

It's the best one I’ve ever seen, and it deals with the bombing of Hiroshima which is horrible but I’ve gobbled up anything that has discussed the topic.

Watch Yu Yu Hakusho.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

think-man said:
the-pi-guy said:
think-man said:
the-pi-guy said:
What kind of shows do you like?
There are tons of different types of anime.

shows you mean like non anime shows? 

I like war :P and conspiracy 

Well there are romance anime, sexy anime, action anime, comedy anime.

Well with war and conspiracy...

I've watched Naruto and InuYasha a lot, you might like them, but I think they move away from that too much.  I think you might like bleach though.  

Are they any shows like Catherine? I quite liked that game, and it wasnt to over the top for me

You'll like reading Naruto/Bleach more than watching the anime, trust me.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

In order of best to worst, these are the animes I'm watching or finished watching.

Death Note. It's a great and really smart thriller. It's a great way to start since it's kinda short and the story is so good that you don't have to be into anime to enjoy it. And it's anything but childish.

Naruto is a story about ninjas going to war. It has a good story with humor and alot of emotions and great action.

Full Metal Alchemist has a story to complicated to explain quickly, but it's also really good.

Inuyasha, the story of a half demon trying to get a jewl to become a full demon. It has it's really good moments but it also has some damn shitty moments. But I really liked the humor of that one.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

History's Greatest Fighter Kenichi and Death Note

Of course, subtitles or nothing....

DEATH NOTE---guy finds notebook that when u write someones name in it they die, then basically he builds himself up to be this kinda profit dude that kills bad people, and the police, agents/government is all after him and trying to find out who/how is this happening, then they bring this master detective in to investigate, then its just an epic battle of wits between him and this detective

Welcome to the NKH---story of a unemployed virgin, who has social anxiety and is afraid to leave his house or socially interact with people, and he just stays in his apartment all day till he finds out that his old highschool freind has been living in the apartment next to him, so they decided to make a..... hentai video game

^probably inspired by badgenomes life LOLjk

if u want a pure romance anime, id recommend NANA. kinda hard to explain, but it has a real world setting with no supernatural or monster stuff ect ect (sometimes that can get annoying, sometimes i just like a real world setting anime with no supernatural stuff, witch is kinda hard to comeby)

radiantshadow92 said:
mirai nikki
http://www.hulu.com/the-future-diary

thank me later

i have had that series on my hard drive for months now and i still haven't watch it

attack on titan is new , and you don't need to catch up on much , i just started watching it and it's pretty intense also the intro songs are epic

animegaming said:
radiantshadow92 said:
mirai nikki
http://www.hulu.com/the-future-diary

thank me later

i have had that series on my hard drive for months now and i still haven't watch it

well we have a problem seeing as how its my favorite anime

ur a bich