By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps4 preorders at least 5:1 (maybe higher) of xbox one...

Tagged games:

attaboy said:

Those are just eBay consoles. When the buyer can't sell them, they'll return the systems to Target. Now, those Xbox One pre-orders are from REAL gamers.

could you explain the situation of the WiiU sales up until now too?

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'm kinda surprised your store has double the available PS4 pre-orders than X1, I thought it would be the opposite since the X1 isn't launching in as many countries.

X1 is launching in less countries due less suppy at launch... so less slots available to X1 than PS4 makes sense... PS4 will have more consoles at launch than X1 even launching in more contries... Sony is far ahead in terms of production.

Whatever it takes to justify your purchase man. I'd be more interested in what games are coming over how many people pre ordered it. Its not like those preorders can be taken home and enjoyed, like a game could, when you pick up your console.

Shinobi-san said:
The evidence is still very much anecdotal though.

The stock levels you are seeing is just a snapshot of the stock at one particular point in time. You don't really know any of the finer details like when they got more stock for the systems, the total number of stock since they started taking pre-orders, if they have a limit etc.

There are so many variables here.

You want finer details? My store is 7 years old. It is expected to grow year over year but it's behind those expectations. It's in the lowest volume bracket possible. During Christmas when stores would get 40 Wii's we would get 4 if we were lucky. When stores would get 20 leap pads we would get 0. My store is unimportant. The other stores in the area will get more than 10 Ps4's each. But they will also get more than 5 x1's. As for get more stock? These are pre-order cards. It's a set amount. Every store in the area sold through theirs and ours did it in less than a week. Yes, there is a limit.

I dunno about other countries but we aren't getting anymore PS4's brought here until next year. If you pre-order one now the soonest you'll get it is in January 2014. I can see PS4 sales really being affected by things like this.

Around the Network

K then.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Whatever it takes to justify your purchase man. I'd be more interested in what games are coming over how many people pre ordered it. Its not like those preorders can be taken home and enjoyed, like a game could, when you pick up your console.

Uh... okay. I don't need to justify my purchase other than, "I like the Ps4 so I'm getting it" but whatever helps you sleep at night. As for games, if I still worked in electronics auditing our stock I'd be able to tell you that but I don't so oh well.

Max King of the Wild said:

At my Target... I know, I know anecdotal evidence but hold your horses there is some relevant information here as well.

First let me tell you how I know my preorders. Today I was talking with a co-working asking if he preorder the Ps4 and he did (online same as I did). We then discussed how crappy it was that Target doesn't ship the system until the day of launch so we won't get it until the 27th at least. We then thought it was a good idea to just preorder at the store. So when I clocked out I went to electronics department and this is what happened.

I asked the guy in electronics if they had started the pre-orders already. He said yes and that they already sold the 10 cards the week they started(Target does their pre-orders through a card for some reason) they had for the Ps4. So this means my Target will get 10 Ps4's at launch. He then said that the cards are an actual item in the system though and I can do an item search to check any other stores to see if they have any... I did... out of 25 stores they were completely sold out.

He then mentioned that no one has pre-ordered that X1 yet and we received 5 of those (when I looked there were 4 so someone probably pre-ordered it today). So, I'm sure the 10:1 will dwindle away but the least it will get down to is 2:1 at my store since that's what we will have to sell. I then did an item search for the X1 pre-orders. 1 store had 13 in stock another had 7... Now, I can't tell you what they started with just how many they had left. Most of the other stores had some type of stock (all less then 7 though) and only a handful had 0... So, this stops becoming anecdotal evidence now. I can see at least 25 different store's stock in the area.

Here is another nifty piece of information. The X1 pre-orders only need 10 dollars down. The Ps4's need 25 dollars. I don't know this is but it is. Ps4 is killing it

Can you tell us what these items are so that we can search them ourselves? The items and your area zipcode would be helpful to verify your story. The items themselves so we can check out areas as well.

nightsurge said:

Can you tell us what these items are so that we can search them ourselves? The items and your area zipcode would be helpful to verify your story. The items themselves so we can check out areas as well.

(630) 357-0056 - Naperville IL. I believe that was the one with 13 left for X1 pre-orders. I don't have the item number on hand and it's pre-order for the stores so their online store won't show it. Just ask for the pre-order cards and they will know what you are talking about. I also believe the one with 7 was Woodridge IL. I will work tomorrow and can update the totals in case the numbers changed (they update over night). I wasn't looking at the store names but the amount of stock. My store is nearby those stores. I can also tell you exactly when we started taking the pre-orders tomorrow as well since when you scan them it gives you a bunch of information.

Max King of the Wild said:
nightsurge said:

(630) 357-0056 - Naperville IL. I believe that was the one with 13 left for X1 pre-orders. I don't have the item number on hand and it's pre-order for the stores so their online store won't show it. Just ask for the pre-order cards and they will know what you are talking about. I also believe the one with 7 was Woodridge IL. I will work tomorrow and can update the totals in case the numbers changed (they update over night). I wasn't looking at the store names but the amount of stock. My store is nearby those stores. I can also tell you exactly when we started taking the pre-orders tomorrow as well since when you scan them it gives you a bunch of information.

Ohhh you were calling them. I must have misunderstood something. I thought the OP mentioned they gave you the product codes that allowed you to look them up online or something.

EDIT: Ah, since you work there, you meant you were doing an item search in their local system. I got it now :)