By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda/Gearbox point out why they don't support Wii U

The former are liars and the latter are thieves. Neither have anything relevant to say anymore

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Like Activision and Ubisoft just found out, correct? In terms of next gen expectations, they are not incorrect. In terms of current gen they are assholes to not think the Wii U is more than capable. Nintendo did not consult devs about the next generation of gaming. They only sought to come after the current gen and try to act like they were the biggest guy on campus, then Sony and MS took the rug out from under them from the february to may period.

Sorry....but what are you talking about? "try to act like the biggest guy on campus"............what?

Also, Ubisoft had the highest selling third party Wii title to date (half a million copies), followed by Lego City and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. Ubisoft and Activision both are supporting Wii U with several titles this fall/holiday season, so they both obviously have faith that Nintendo will boost system sales (with the price drop and Zelda bundle, as well as Mario, DK and Wii Fit, they will), and obviously think it's worth it to support the console. Though to be honest, if they had kept Rayman as an exclusive and released it in Feb., it would have undoubtedly sold better than what it's going to wind up selling on any console this fall, with such stiff competition.

Also, I know my Nintendo history just fine. But their relationship towards third party studios in the Iwata era is much improved over the Yamauchi era. Vastly improved. The Wii U started off with very strong third party support. A lot of those games didn't light up the charts because they were quickly made ports, but the point is third parties felt Wii U was worth putting their games on. And as far as Bethesda and Gearbox are concerned, with the exception of the now-cancelled abortion of an Aliens game, what have either company ever put out on Nintendo systems to begin with? It's not exactly as if they have a history of support in either case.

Your standards are very low for third party. Perhaps this is why they are running. Everyone is wrong except for Nintendo.

Mr Khan said:
The former are liars and the latter are thieves. Neither have anything relevant to say anymore

Serious question here, have you ever heard a 3rd party criticise Nintendo and not say something like that?  Have you ever heard any legitimate criticism of Nintendo?  I'd like to hear it so I dont think of you as a mouth piece for a company that doesn't know you exist.  

Torillian said:
Mr Khan said:

Serious question here, have you ever heard a 3rd party criticise Nintendo and not say something like that?  Have you ever heard any legitimate criticism of Nintendo?  I'd like to hear it so I dont think of you as a mouth piece for a company that doesn't know you exist.  

Exactly. They are all saying the same thing. Especially the known PC devs who have the highest standard.

Torillian said:
Mr Khan said:

Third parties often pick the worst reasons to criticize Nintendo, i've seen. Their criticisms in this case are the same tired, trite points that have been lobbed at Nintendo for decades now, and yet hold no more water than a seive, but as they are constantly repeated, are unfortunately taken as gospel by the industry and gamers alike.

Nintendo has problems, yes, but not these, and the liars (Bethesda) and thieves (Gearbox) have no real right to speak on the matter.

If I were a third party, now, i'd hit Nintendo for their advertising on Wii U. Structurally, there's nothing preventing third parties from succeeding on Wii U (which is why the arguments put forth here are total crap), but Nintendo seems to have a general lethargy and a very confused message that isn't helping consumers to understand exactly what you can and can't do with it. Nintendo's wasting a lot of opportunities here.

Now, Bethesda happens to be a personal pet peeve of mine, and i will fully admit to refusing to listen to them as a matter of course. Gearbox, however, i can't see why Pitchford's not in jail and the company hasn't been disbanded yet.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Torillian said:
Mr Khan said:

Third parties often pick the worst reasons to criticize Nintendo, i've seen. Their criticisms in this case are the same tired, trite points that have been lobbed at Nintendo for decades now, and yet hold no more water than a seive, but as they are constantly repeated, are unfortunately taken as gospel by the industry and gamers alike.

Nintendo has problems, yes, but not these, and the liars (Bethesda) and thieves (Gearbox) have no real right to speak on the matter.

If I were a third party, now, i'd hit Nintendo for their advertising on Wii U. Structurally, there's nothing preventing third parties from succeeding on Wii U (which is why the arguments put forth here are total crap), but Nintendo seems to have a general lethargy and a very confused message that isn't helping consumers to understand exactly what you can and can't do with it. Nintendo's wasting a lot of opportunities here.

Now, Bethesda happens to be a personal pet peeve of mine, and i will fully admit to refusing to listen to them as a matter of course. Gearbox, however, i can't see why Pitchford's not in jail and the company hasn't been disbanded yet.

So what happens when games like Black Ops 2 and Zombie U tank on the Wii U?

BTW if you've gamed as long as the SNES era, you know Sega and Nintendo were never on the table for PC devs in the past, they will not change their frame of mind if Nintendos mind isnt open to pushing tech.

InsaneZucchini said:

oniyide said:thats my point, sony and MS grew their online over the years. Ninty didnt do crap with WIiware in that time frame AND they needed to put out a whole NEW system that finally caught up to the other two and its still doesnt have a unified service so it still not on par with XBL and PSN. 

Neither Sony nor MS started off with the perfect online system, they've grown over time and the same will happen with Wii U. Given its current state and its previous one though it's doing quite well. It jumped leaps and bounds over its last incarnation and it's already rumored that they'll fix the unified service "issue" with the addition of the service they announced where you would be able to purchase games for your Wii U and 3DS from a PC or cell phone. If that rumor proves true, which I hope it does, that's one of the most significant complaints taken care of. But I don't imagine most people ever have to transfer accounts outside of their system breaking and Microsoft HAD to make their accounts transferable. The systems failure rate, like with RROD, made this a real concern. I've gone through at least three Xbox 360's, sent one in twice, and two PS3's but I've only ever needed one Wii. It still works just fine. Nintendo makes more reliable hardware, so I don't imagine it'd have been a major concern..

what does hardware have to tod with online...? even if i do agree with you on that, its not the same topic, youre trying to say those had to do it cause they made systems that would break, that makes no sense at all. Ninty is the ONLY company (that i know of) that doesnt have a unified service. Sony, MS, Google, Apple, etc. all have them. For NInty NOT to have it in this day and age even though they just put out a shiny new system is unacceptable. You can argue they made leaps and bounds, and i would agree, but its leaps and bounds over a service that, lets be frank was  a piece of crap anyway. ANd to say that they are on par with the others despite them not having a unified service(thats a biggie), STILL wanting to use friend codes, and their shops not getting the game support the other two and PC enjoy is wrong. Their online is not on par and what do ww still havent seen Sony or MS revamped online for the new systems that are right around the corner.

Nothing surprising. Nintendo asked (maybe?) to some third parties (which I honestly doubt) for the development of the Wii U, but not every third party. Plus, they wanted to convice them to develop for it once the console launched or just few months before its launch.

Seems like this won't be fixed ever.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mr Khan said:
Torillian said:
Mr Khan said:

couldnt help but notice that you didnt counter anything they said and them being liars and theives doesnt make them wrong on this issue.

Pavolink said:
Nothing surprising. Nintendo asked (maybe?) to some third parties (which I honestly doubt) for the development of the Wii U, but not every third party. Plus, they wanted to convice them to develop for it once the console launched or just few months before its launch.

Seems like this won't be fixed ever.

Unless 3rd parties want to throw more money at a SKU that is so different and they do have finite money. And unless ninty is going to change how they do things which they are not then no it wont be "fixed"

what is their to fix really? Nothing has really changed. It looks like if you're a Ninty fan and you dont want to miss out on a lot of games. PS xbox or PC you have to get. Thats the way it is, deal. If you dont care about 3rd party games then stick to Ninty and nothing has changed. If you dont care about Ninty games then stick to one of hte other machines nothing has changed.