By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

ethomaz said:

kirby007 said:

kinect isn't in these diagrams so still likely

What Kinect have to do with the Xbone graphic power? And yes... Kinect have a dedicated CPU and it doesn't need a GPU.

which means if kinect isn't prosessing environment/heartrate or whatever, that will be unutilised potential which adds on top of what we currently know

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

kirby007 said:

which means if kinect isn't prosessing environment/heartrate or whatever, that will be unutilised potential which adds on top of what we currently know

Kinect is a external processing hardware... even if you use it to help the system the data won't get at time to help the system... it won't help the Xbone to have better graphics for example neither free up main CPU/GPU.

It have a lot of work with it CPU BTW.

Wow, it doesn't matter about credentials. Even if they are proven it still means nothing. There is no way a software engineer is going to tell me that "there is no such hardware existing in the last ten years". That is based on his limited experience while doing software. There are tons of hardware applications being researched that IBM is not involved in. There are very few people in the world that could definitively say that a certain kind of hardware is not feasible. And even then, they would never say it is impossible, only unlikely. So, if there are few hardware engineers in the world that could do that, how are we supposed to trust one software engineers opinion? The one thing that people here need to realize is that one person can only know what they know. So, if someone says that it is impossible, they are only speaking from their limited experience, not fact.

Either way, I agree that this whole thread has already been debunked by M$ already, with the exception of the "hidden tech in Kinect" theory.

ethomaz said:

kirby007 said:

Kinect is a external processing hardware... even if you use it to help the system the data won't get at time to help the system... it won't help the Xbone to have better graphics for example neither free up main CPU/GPU.

It have a lot of work with it CPU BTW.

maybe maybe not, just saying the are still alot of unknowns

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

maybe maybe not, just saying the are still alot of unknowns

There is no maybe lol.

Are we discussing alien technology here?

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
Wow, it doesn't matter about credentials. Even if they are proven it still means nothing. There is no way a software engineer is going to tell me that "there is no such hardware existing in the last ten years". That is based on his limited experience while doing software. There are tons of hardware applications being researched that IBM is not involved in. There are very few people in the world that could definitively say that a certain kind of hardware is not feasible. And even then, they would never say it is impossible, only unlikely. So, if there are few hardware engineers in the world that could do that, how are we supposed to trust one software engineers opinion? The one thing that people here need to realize is that one person can only know what they know. So, if someone says that it is impossible, they are only speaking from their limited experience, not fact.

Either way, I agree that this whole thread has already been debunked by M$ already, with the exception of the "hidden tech in Kinect" theory.

Nobody can agree with this rumor because it is created/fake/nopossible... I can be more clear... there are a lot of tech limitations that deny so hard this bad rumor.

The only possiblity is that MS is lying about Xbone diagrams.

You might not like the idea, but they might have left things out? just to bust peoples balls at launch

landguy1 said:

There is no "hidden tech" in the Kinect2 SoC. We know perfectly well what is required, and we also have slides from the HotChips talk that show exactly the building blocks that we are expecting (sorry, no cpu).

ethomaz said:
landguy1 said:

Nobody can agree with this rumor because it is created/fake/nopossible... I can be more clear... there are a lot of tech limitations that deny so hard this bad rumor.

The only possiblity is that MS is lying about Xbone diagrams.

The truth is that I agree with you.  My point was more to people either proving or disproving ANY theory as fact instead  of opinion.

As far as M$ lying about its diagrams, I would hope not.  But, I wouldn't surprise me if they didn't disclose something due to "patent" related issues.

drkohler said:
landguy1 said:

There is no "hidden tech" in the Kinect2 SoC. We know perfectly well what is required, and we also have slides from the HotChips talk that show exactly the building blocks that we are expecting (sorry, no cpu).

I didn't say there was.  I just stated that until M$ says there isn't(or we get a tear down done), it is still a possibility.