By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

Ashadian said:
Check this out

Yes the Clouds will give extra performance from the sky!
Devs have stated that the PS4 is more powerful than X180. But your right how would they know that? What with you being an expert and all.

John Caramck said they're very close:  http://kotaku.com/john-carmack-on-ps4-vs-xbox-one-specs-theyre-very-c-994733823?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Around the Network

Well, that's that for this rumor.
I'm not going through 350 posts, so can anyone that has read them answer me this: did anyone (particularly xbox fans) believe this? When i saw this on gaf it was pretty quickly debunked, and i'd love to have some laughs.

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
bobgamer said:
I'm not going through 350 posts, so can anyone that has read them answer me this: did anyone (particularly xbox fans) believe this? When i saw this on gaf it was pretty quickly debunked, and i'd love to have some laughs.

Very few, most said only that it was possible, even if it was highly unlikely.

CGI-Quality said:

John Carmack isn't always the best source for truth. This is the guy that also RAGE would have no console equal. It ended up being anything but the best they had to offer at the time. 

Smart dude, yes, but doesn't know everything. Then again, he may have been comparing their relative differences to that of high-end PCs, in which case, he is correct.

I'd pay credence to Carmack's opinion long before I paid any attention to an indie dev or forum poster.

bobgamer said:

It gained traction and got big... that only happens when there are people supporting the rumor. Most of the threads created this week concerning the X1 were related in some way. Yes, people believed this. No, it wasnt very fe we had two people coming out creating accounts just to talk about how true it was with others being created to support it among other users on the site. More people didn't believe it htough

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
bobgamer said:

It gained traction and got big... that only happens when there are people supporting the rumor. Most of the threads created this week concerning the X1 were related in some way. Yes, people believed this. No, it wasnt very fe we had two people coming out creating accounts just to talk about how true it was with others being created to support it among other users on the site. More people didn't believe it htough

Very true.  Of course, there were others who said they didn't believe it was true, but the voracity in which they debated those who were stating the rumor as false, showed otherwise.  They either believed it fully or, in the back of their minds, were hoping it was true.

Finally an official statement. And no one doubting his honesty.

It'd make sense then to also believe the other statements by Penello too and not be selective, right?

nightsurge said:
Ashadian said:
Check this out

Devs have stated that the PS4 is more powerful than X180. But your right how would they know that? What with you being an expert and all.

Again, what are you going on about?

EDIT: Actually, thank you. I have been trying to find a response from A Penello or Major Nelson regarding this rumor.

Now that I have seen this response, I will agree the dGPU rumor can die :)

Ahh, it was a good run but I guess all rumor must come to an end.

Nsanity said:
Ashadian said:
Check this out

John Caramck said they're very close:  http://kotaku.com/john-carmack-on-ps4-vs-xbox-one-specs-theyre-very-c-994733823?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Yes John Carmack said that in a general way. Then in the SAME INTERVIEW HE STATES HE HASN'T PROPERLY TESTED OR BENCHMARKED THEM YET TO MAKE AN OPNION

Nsanity said:
Ashadian said:
Check this out

What about the NDA??? NDA???? NDA????