By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Confirms Voice Recognition

They're announcing it like: No big deal, it's just some voice recognition..
Microsoft: Revolutionary Kinect will have Voice Recognition it's worth 100$, All hail Kinect !!

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Legend11 said:

the PSEye has full body skeletal tracking, identity recognition, it can work in a pitch black room?  Come on son lets get real here, ff PSEye was better it wouldn't need the PS4 controller to have that ridiculous colored light bar on the front of it for example.  Kinect 2.0 can track the Xbox One controller without needing that.  It can track which parts of your body have pressure on them and can monitor your heart rate from across a room.  It can track your eyes and determine if you're distracted with something else.  It's really in another league when it comes to the technology and software packed into it.

Once Kinect 2.0's software and features are fully matured on Xbox One there will be no going back as we'll become so used to what it has to offer.  While Playstation 4 does push the envelope for graphics it's the Xbox One much like the Xbox 360 that will be the system that will bring the fundamental changes to gaming.  Indies which Sony can't talk enough about, well you can thank Xbox 360 for being the system that introduced them to consoles.  DLC, apps, XBLA, achievements, PC/Console multiplatform releases, etc, that's all thanks to 360 and the Xbox One will continue that fine tradition of bringing new things to console gaming.

Why would you play Kinect games in a pitch black room.

Hide and Seek: The Video Game, the Kinect killer app Xbox fans have been talking about.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Raven722 said:

The PlayStation 4 will support voice commands, a Sony representative has confirmed.

"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that PlayStation Camera allows for voice recognition and we will look forward to sharing more details in the lead up to the launch of PlayStation 4 on November 29 [in Europe]," a Sony spokesperson toldPolygon.

The confirmation comes shortly after an Amazon listing for the PlayStation Camera stated that it would allow features including "navigational voice commands."

Competitor Microsoft will offer voice command support for the Xbox One via Kinect.

The PS4 launches November 15 in North America, November 29 in Europe, and in 32 countries in all by the end of the year.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/playstation-4-supports-voice-recognition-6413931

Can't Sony make their own idea and stop copying Microsoft ? 

I think it's a gimmick on both sides. Besides my phone has it, and I hardly use it, unless i just can't find something or i'm too busy to type a text.

realgamer said:
Raven722 said:

The PlayStation 4 will support voice commands, a Sony representative has confirmed.

"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that PlayStation Camera allows for voice recognition and we will look forward to sharing more details in the lead up to the launch of PlayStation 4 on November 29 [in Europe]," a Sony spokesperson toldPolygon.

The confirmation comes shortly after an Amazon listing for the PlayStation Camera stated that it would allow features including "navigational voice commands."

Competitor Microsoft will offer voice command support for the Xbox One via Kinect.

The PS4 launches November 15 in North America, November 29 in Europe, and in 32 countries in all by the end of the year.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/playstation-4-supports-voice-recognition-6413931

Can't Sony make their own idea and stop copying Microsoft ? 

Sure. As soon as Microsoft gets rid of a disc drive, rumble feature, trigger buttons, two analog sticks, online gaming (Microsoft wasn't the first to try), the Kinect (Sony did cameras first), any kind of game recording since Sony announced theirs first, and wireless controllers.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
ironmanDX said:
Legend11 said:
I have a feeling this will be like comparing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (has a score of 74 on Metacritic and sales of 0.55 million) to Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Metacritic score of 93 and sales of 11.77 million) as in it's Sony's answer to the competition but it will be completely outclassed.

You have to remember that voice commands are a fundamental part of Xbox One and since Kinect is included with every system that feature will be seeing constant improvements and upgrades as the system matures. Kinect and its features have far more importance to Microsoft than the camera has to Sony (they didn't even think it was worth putting it in with the system) which is a pretty good indication of the amount of resources each will be putting into the feature.

Agreed. They should have shipped the camera with the console and just had slower sales to begin with. It could be a success but if they've only confirmed voice recognition now, it's no where near in the league of Kinect 2.0. This could very well be Move 2.0 instead.

And you know this how?

I don't and never said I did. Read it again, more carefully this time.

Legend11 said:
I have a feeling this will be like comparing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (has a score of 74 on Metacritic and sales of 0.55 million) to Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Metacritic score of 93 and sales of 11.77 million) as in it's Sony's answer to the competition but it will be completely outclassed.

You have to remember that voice commands are a fundamental part of Xbox One and since Kinect is included with every system that feature will be seeing constant improvements and upgrades as the system matures. Kinect and its features have far more importance to Microsoft than the camera has to Sony (they didn't even think it was worth putting it in with the system) which is a pretty good indication of the amount of resources each will be putting into the feature.

Voice commands really aren't that complex a technology, especially in the way MS have been showing it off (well, not anymore it isn't. Even phone are capable of the basics, to an existent) :/ It is however one of the easiest things to market and one of the "coolest" immediately understandable features to the general public, hence MS have so keenly promoted it.

Kinect does greatly outclass the Playstation Camera, but in this particular area I imagine both will be about parallel (perhaps an edge on MS's side, I imagine they have spent more time with it than Sony have).

Lol, people turn everything into a competition. The technology really isn't rocket science, even the nintendo DS had voice commands.

Both Kinect2 and PS Eye will be able to tell who's talking, and both will be far more sensitive then Kinect1. There isn't much more to it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if navigating the OS isn't available at launch in a lot of regions for both platforms, but Playstation a bit more so.

I hope developers man up and give the option for quick selections through voice commands. I have a feeling most will ignore the technology, despite the obvious benefits it offers.

Voice commands in mass effect 3 almost worked.