By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo no. 1 in profits every generation. Almost feel sorry for mega corporations.

bobgamez said:
Seece said:
Doesn't look like it's cut and dry this gen however.

Well here is the thing, the VIta is losing Sony money. A long with a price cut(and its not going to work because of the 2DS now) its going to lose even more. ANd the PS4 is going to lose sony monwy in its first year on the market. the 3DS will make them lots of dough and the Wii U could possibly sell alot more. I dont think sony has a chance even if the PS4 sells more than 300k monthly, which it most likely wont.

I honestly dont think the XBOX one is worth mentioning when it comes to profit

Don't you? Why's that? Because the division has been profiting and has made $4bill profit over the last 6 years which isn't a drop in the ocean compared to the mammoth profits Wii/DS made is it?

Around the Network

Maybe, but also keep in mind that Nintendo is the only one that has to live out of gaming industry.

For Sony Playstation was always a leverage to introduce new optical standards to the mass market. It's not really the case with PS4 since Blu Ray is established (although not as successful) it may be a bigger introduction for 4K content, but that's pushing it. So I wonder whether we'll see Sony finally opting more for profits than marketshare this generation.

As for Microsoft, Xbox is their ambassador in the living room, plus the profits it may bring are peanuts in the overall picture. Still it lost them money over the course of 12 years so I wonder, if they won't make money this gen, whether shareholders will be willing to ditch the Xbox, make a spinoff, etc. Right now, it looks like it's strongly settled in the MS portfolio.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

pezus said:
bobgamez said:
Seece said:
Doesn't look like it's cut and dry this gen however.

Well here is the thing, the VIta is losing Sony money. A long with a price cut(and its not going to work because of the 2DS now) its going to lose even more. ANd the PS4 is going to lose sony monwy in its first year on the market. the 3DS will make them lots of dough and the Wii U could possibly sell alot more. I dont think sony has a chance even if the PS4 sells more than 300k monthly, which it most likely wont.

I honestly dont think the XBOX one is worth mentioning when it comes to profit

Bold and underlined: You base that on what? 300k monthly is around 70k per week. 3.6m per year. Surely you're not expecting a WiiU type situation with the PS4? 

i think ps4 will do worst according to my hate for M$ :P

kowenicki said:
Ponyless said:
kowenicki said:
I wouldn't feel to sorry for MS, they made profits of around $150bn in the last 10 years.

$60bn profit in just the last 3 years.

yes... really.

Would you happen to know how much MS has made recently off just the XBox division? I've been hearing that xbox live has made them tremendous profit.

there is no xbox division

but the division that contains xbox made close to $1bn this last year.  Xbox will have made more than than that as other parts of the division drag it down.

Microsoft has made money off of the 360, but they haven't made money off of the Xbox overall.

iceboy151 said:
kowenicki said:
Ponyless said:
kowenicki said:
I wouldn't feel to sorry for MS, they made profits of around $150bn in the last 10 years.

yes... really.

Would you happen to know how much MS has made recently off just the XBox division? I've been hearing that xbox live has made them tremendous profit.

but the division that contains xbox made close to $1bn this last year.  Xbox will have made more than than that as other parts of the division drag it down.

Microsoft has made money off of the 360, but they haven't made money off of the Xbox overall.

But that's completely irrelevent in 2013, it's been profiting for the last 6 years so why does it matter what it did in the early 2000's exactly? Hardly indicative of the state of the division is it?

Around the Network

''Oh shit, my favorite company is about to get wrecked in marketshare & sales, has no 3rd party support and has by far the weakest hardware on the market. I better find something positive to grasp on ! ''

Kane1389 said:
''Oh shit, my favorite company is about to get wrecked in marketshare & sales, has no 3rd party support and has by far the weakest hardware on the market. I better find something positive to grasp on ! ''

"Oh shit a positive Nintendo thread?  Can't let that happen, better go there and spread my negativity."  

Seece said:
iceboy151 said:
kowenicki said:
Ponyless said:
kowenicki said:

yes... really.

But that's completely irrelevent in 2013, it's been profiting for the last 6 years so why does it matter what it did in the early 2000's exactly? Hardly indicative of the state of the division is it?

"I wouldn't feel to sorry for MS, they made profits of around $150bn in the last 10 years."

"$60bn profit in just the last 3 years."

Last time I checked, we were talking about games. What you just said wasn't entirely from their Xbox division. So what I'm saying is that Microsoft hasn't made money from the Xbox.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kane1389 said:

"Oh shit a positive Nintendo thread?  Can't let that happen, better go there and spread my negativity."  

I have no problems with a positive nintendo thread. But this is classic cherry picking grasping at straws. Pointing out they made a profit in 2003? Okay now, you know people are getting desperate

Kane1389 said:

"OMG"! a wild 2DS has APPEARED!