By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo no. 1 in profits every generation. Almost feel sorry for mega corporations.

pezus said:
bobgamez said:
Seece said:
Doesn't look like it's cut and dry this gen however.

Well here is the thing, the VIta is losing Sony money. A long with a price cut(and its not going to work because of the 2DS now) its going to lose even more. ANd the PS4 is going to lose sony monwy in its first year on the market. the 3DS will make them lots of dough and the Wii U could possibly sell alot more. I dont think sony has a chance even if the PS4 sells more than 300k monthly, which it most likely wont.

I honestly dont think the XBOX one is worth mentioning when it comes to profit

Bold and underlined: You base that on what? 300k monthly is around 70k per week. 3.6m per year. Surely you're not expecting a WiiU type situation with the PS4? 

Edit: Maybe you meant weekly? Because 300k+ per week would be very impressive. Even PS3 sold a lot more than 70k per week on average. You have to see how low that is.

I was totally talking NA, sorry lol

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
iceboy151 said:
kowenicki said:
Ponyless said:
kowenicki said:
I wouldn't feel to sorry for MS, they made profits of around $150bn in the last 10 years.

$60bn profit in just the last 3 years.

yes... really.

Would you happen to know how much MS has made recently off just the XBox division? I've been hearing that xbox live has made them tremendous profit.

there is no xbox division

but the division that contains xbox made close to $1bn this last year.  Xbox will have made more than than that as other parts of the division drag it down.

Microsoft has made money off of the 360, but they haven't made money off of the Xbox overall.

and?

so what?

Xbox is NOW and has been for the last few years a VERY profitable business and all the while it is backed up by one of the most profitable businesses on the planet.

All is good.

Nintendo has made losses for 2 straight years and Sony... well... we all know about Sony and its financial woes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24/nintendo-financials-show-a-tough-year

They profited last year

iamdeath said:
Ponyless said:
kowenicki said:
I wouldn't feel to sorry for MS, they made profits of around $150bn in the last 10 years.

yes... really.

Would you happen to know how much MS has made recently off just the XBox division? I've been hearing that xbox live has made them tremendous profit.

Irrelevant< MS and Sony are huge, they have many other devisions so they can push tech and seel at a loss initially. Nintendo is JUST a gaming company so they have no choice or will go under.

What does that have to do with anything i asked? I was just interested off how much they made off just xbox recently

handhelds they are number one, consoles is a whole different story, gamecube, n64 and wiiu can hardly be called a success

kowenicki said:
bobgamez said:
kowenicki said:
iceboy151 said:
kowenicki said:
Ponyless said:
kowenicki said:

yes... really.

there is no xbox division

but the division that contains xbox made close to $1bn this last year.  Xbox will have made more than than that as other parts of the division drag it down.

Microsoft has made money off of the 360, but they haven't made money off of the Xbox overall.

and?

so what?

Xbox is NOW and has been for the last few years a VERY profitable business and all the while it is backed up by one of the most profitable businesses on the planet.

All is good.

Nintendo has made losses for 2 straight years and Sony... well... we all know about Sony and its financial woes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24/nintendo-financials-show-a-tough-year

They profited last year

i guess.  but underlying activity, operating income, was a loss.

why the hate? nintendo gonna make that money with 3DS and alot more with 2DS!

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
handhelds they are number one, consoles is a whole different story, gamecube, n64 and wiiu can hardly be called a success

true but 1st party software is a different story, Nintendo is hands down the best wen it comes down to making money :P

tbone51 said:
ninjablade said:

true but 1st party software is a different story, Nintendo is hands down the best wen it comes down to making money :P

they are great at making money thats true but, i dont see a healthy future for them in consoles, i think they will make one more console afte the wiiu and thats it.

So Nintendo is making more money than Sony but they are releasing less games and are barely investing in new studios or new IPs. Interesting.

As a gamer, I like Sonys approach. They don't need to make the most money. As long as PlayStation is profitable, everything is fine and I can look forward to unique quality games with cutting edge graphics.

But when it comes to profits, yeah Nintendo wins. Good for Nimtendo. But not for anybody else.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

ninjablade said:
tbone51 said:
ninjablade said:

they are great at making money thats true but, i dont see a healthy future for them in consoles, i think they will make one more console afte the wiiu and thats it.

dont count on it, Nintendo has that Name Brand. People thought gamecube be their last home console right? Nintendo might or might not have another hit with a console, but certain franchises will make sure nintendo never goes down. 3ds came with smartphones/tablets rule the world and almost everybody though it would be Doomed! Now it'll be most likely the highest gaming device this gen! Im trying to say, nintendo wont go nowhere, 20+ years everyone wants them to fail but another 20+ years they will succeed.

Handheld market has been very profitable for Ninty