By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo no. 1 in profits every generation. Almost feel sorry for mega corporations.

Correct me if I'm wrong. N64 + GAMEBOY, GAMECUBE + GB ADVANCE, Wii + DS, and Wii U + 3DS. The last one is only getting started. Profitwise in games, Isn't Nintendo always NUMBER 0NE?

Around the Network

Doesn't look like it's cut and dry this gen however.

Idk about the Gamecube + GBA, but the other ones sound about right.

If i remember correctly, PS2 edged out the gamecube in a year or two during the 6th gen. But yea almost always Nintendo tends to make the most profit.

Good luck this gen.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Seece said:

actually 3ds might make it a huge success, If wiiu can do better and sell 25-40mil consoles lifetime+ if 2DS really pulls thru i can see nintendo making a huge profit this gen! DONT UNDERESTIMTE 3DS+2DS :P

Fusioncode said:
Good luck this gen.

Looks like they will win this gen easily.  Microsoft and Sony have so much invested its gonna take a while to make a profit, but with Nintendo the 3DS is on track to sell better than the DS did and with the 2DS I think its gonna push it way over.  The Wii U only has to sell 40m units I'd say and they will get the most profit.

Seece said:

Well here is the thing, the VIta is losing Sony money. A long with a price cut(and its not going to work because of the 2DS now) its going to lose even more. ANd the PS4 is going to lose sony monwy in its first year on the market. the 3DS will make them lots of dough and the Wii U could possibly sell alot more. I dont think sony has a chance even if the PS4 sells more than 300k monthly, which it most likely wont.

I honestly dont think the XBOX one is worth mentioning when it comes to profit

kowenicki said:
I wouldn't feel to sorry for MS, they made profits of around $150bn in the last 10 years.

$60bn profit in just the last 3 years.

yes... really.

Would you happen to know how much MS has made recently off just the XBox division? I've been hearing that xbox live has made them tremendous profit.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Idk about the Gamecube + GBA, but the other ones sound about right.

that's the funny thing.. even on their best days, the mega corps can't win.