By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - July (Better Late Than Never Edition)

Users of VGChartz, with this thread we try to make the actions of the mod team more transparent.
All usual forum rules apply. You may criticise certain actions as long as you stay respectful and have valid points to back up your claims. It is still recommended to directly PM the responsible moderator (or the lead moderator axumblade or the deputy head mod Kantor)

DON'T try to use the following information to provoke other users
This is NOT a place to request bans for other users

*ignore Hynad's appearance

Previous months:
October
November
December
January
February
March
April
May
June

Around the Network

Think I've been ban free for awhile now

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Why do mods delete messages between users and themselves?

There's a distinct lack of transparency by doing such a devious thing. I can't reference any of my interactions with them if I need to present a case. Something to hide or what?

I'd also like to know if there are set ban increments for things like alts and such or if it's simply arbitrary.

August is going to be a fun one :)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Is Gnac really gone ? :(
(I know that he isn´t on the list...but your sig...?)

Around the Network

Yes I remember that. It was awesome being banned for saying I thought Nintendo had a better E3 then Sony. The mod completely lost it and even had to put messages on my page. Called it extreme trolling with no basis to suggest such a thing.. Obviously it had some basis to make him/her so angry and who won E3 is a matter of opinion, just because they didn't agree doesn't mean its trolling

ListerOfSmeg said:
Yes I remember that. It was awesome being banned for saying I thought Nintendo had a better E3 then Sony. The mod completely lost it and even had to put messages on my page. Called it extreme trolling with no basis to suggest such a thing.. Obviously it had some basis to make him/her so angry and who won E3 is a matter of opinion, just because they didn't agree doesn't mean its trolling

Are you talking about Torillian?

He put the message on your page and gave you a reason as to why he did it...

"I normally wouldn't put that here, but it seems the link for the moderation is not working and sends you to a post from 2008 or some jazz."

Three bans in a month is quite the achievement. Four bans...well that's just overkill.

orniletter said:

Mr Khan said:

Is Gnac really gone ? :(
(I know that he isn´t on the list...but your sig...?)

Quite unfortunate, but true...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Imagine when the new consoles launch? I don't envy the mods dealing with all the children :).