By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A lot of people should stop throwing around the words fanboy and troll.

>Um... which part of his comment says what you claim? People don't like it when you put words into their mouth KoW.

the part where he said he doesn't like his 'actual game development'? as in, he develop games for Sony, I mean, unless he actually PLAYED God of war and Calling all Cars, I can't assume he would criticize Jaffe's games, as they are one of the best on PS.

and let's not even get near to the "his beliefs", like we even know what Jaffe's beliefs are.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Even though you tend to take sides ( 360/PC ) I wouldent call you a fanboy , and especially not a troll . Yes , your posts do seem to have an anit-Wii attitude , but compared to others ( yes , me to , I admit ) you are harmless :) In a good way of course . And your deffinatly not a troll , because you allways bring quality arguments to a discussion ... but thats my opinion :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I agree, people should not use fanboy and troll so often. 

As an unrelated side note, the phrase "Attention Whore" should be used more often.

kingofwale:

Well from 'my' stay here, I've noticed that it's usually in 360 vs PS3 arguments that people are called 360/PS3 fanboys.

Yeah, calling someone a "fanboy" or "troll" just means that you have nothing to say to someo one during a conversation. I don't think that it's said with intention, but that people need something to say to get the last word in, and usually that is it.

Around the Network

"fanboy" are "troll" are dumb terms. Usually the last resort.

On the plus side, I hope to see fewer "look at these bad screenshots for this Wii port!" threads or "if SMG doesn't sell 2.5 million copies on opening week it's a failure!" posts.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I do agree that I really dislike the terms troll or fan boy. They should definitely be used less, or even not at all if this was a perfect world.

I highly agree with your love for the 360, Legend, but I do have to say, I only ever remember you posting negative news on the Wii. And you seems to always have a comment in someway to cover yourself "but I don't necessarily agree with the news. I'm just posting what I found".

I've never thought of you as a 'troll', but I certainly get the feeling from you that you try to only say good things about the 360, and try to push on to other people that other consoles are not all that great, and people are wrong to think so.  It's not very appreciated.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Words Of Wisdom said:
I agree, people should not use fanboy and troll so often.

As an unrelated side note, the phrase "Attention Whore" should be used more often.

Quite! Wise words indeed...

'makes thread entitled "I LUV (insert console here) MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF!" - Does that offend you?!?!

Wtf is the point of such threads? Its like walking up to a random character in the streets, rant about your political stance and then ask; "Does that offend you?" 

Its because Legend11's avatar has never changed that his posts have stuck in my mind and I can remember some of the more irrational anti-wii threads he created.

Nintendo is just as bad as Communism.

Miyamoto is old, and Nintendo will fail when he retires.

Piracy will destroy the DS.

The graphics in SSBB are good, therefore they must be CGI.

Surely, there are much more but those are the ones that have made a particular impression. Legend11 seems personally offended by the Wii's success but to me a troll only wants to disrupt a forum and I don't think that's his goal.

kingofwale said:
>Um... which part of his comment says what you claim? People don't like it when you put words into their mouth KoW.

the part where he said he doesn't like his 'actual game development'? as in, he develop games for Sony, I mean, unless he actually PLAYED God of war and Calling all Cars, I can't assume he would criticize Jaffe's games, as they are one of the best on PS.

and let's not even get near to the "his beliefs", like we even know what Jaffe's beliefs are.

Not to attack you or anything kingofwales, but I've noticed you seem to make a lot of assumtions. ZenfoldorVGI said he doesn't like Jaffe's game developement. Nothing more. Jaffe developing games for Sony doesn't mean anything. ZenfoldorVGI could hate someone just because they develop games for Sony, but what he said does not indicate that at all.

You are basically saying anybody that develops for one console cannot be judged for their work at all. Because if you do, it's not judging their work, it's just hate because they develop for that console.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)