By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A lot of people should stop throwing around the words fanboy and troll.

DarkNight_DS said:
Woah guys.... I gotta say I'm with Legend on some of the things he's complaining about. There is another person in this thread who I've hinted to, to tone things down a bit due to the same complaints that person has about Legend. Let's face it, people don't like hearing bad news about their favorite console. So don't rub it in when you find it. If it's a news story worthy of posting in the news section, forward it on to a moderator that posts news. That way your name won't get attached with the negative attacks on said system.

However this is now directed at Legend. I think your Avatar needs a refresh. I know it's probably a likeness of how you see yourself but the problem is it's a little smug. Put a smile on your face or wink one eye or something if that's possible to give your character some cheerfulness. Either that or go all evil like me. That way people will think less smug and more evil or cheery about you ;)

I can't co-sign with you ... Legend's avatar totally rocks. it would be killer if it was Chappelle, but ...

Around the Network

BTW Legend I was kidding about the second part....

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Well, the interesting part about people calling you fanboy, is that I have never been called a Nintendo Fanboy, but I have been called a MS fanboy and Sony fanboy. I only own a Wii. Take this worldwide weekly, he said something a bit different and edited it to this to me.
"Anyone who is not a blind xbox fanboy can see they will finish third"

Later on, he realized all his facts were stripped away, either by me or someone else, and then he just pulled out "Are you so stupid that you cant work out thats fiscal quarters" to me, even though I hadn't even mentioned the link.

The point of that, was really that if a person calls you a fanboy, he really understands that he has lost the discussion. I mean come on! Not even Crazzy does that!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

>but I have been called a MS fanboy and Sony fanboy.

because only Nintendo fans calls other fans 'fanboys'?

lol, I never get called "MS fanboy" or "SOny fanboy", but I have been called "Anti-Nintendo fanboy" more than a few times.

*sighs*, am I wrong to say that most people calling other fanboys are infact, fanboys themselves.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

From this week's NA sales comments.
Legend11 says:
I think you're overtracking Super Mario Galaxy and undertracking Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and Burnout Paradise.
Posted on: 02/08/08, 03:22

I don't think you are a fanboy or troll Legend. However, if you are going to suggest a specific game is over or undertracked, then at least back it up with some data. To me, the words undertracked and overtracked are dangerously close to trolling unless you have some kind of data to support you.

I do agree with you that yelling "fanboy" is a pretty weak ad hominem argument.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:

However this is now directed at Legend. I think your Avatar needs a refresh. I know it's probably a likeness of how you see yourself but the problem is it's a little smug. Put a smile on your face or wink one eye or something if that's possible to give your character some cheerfulness. Either that or go all evil like me. That way people will think less smug and more evil or cheery about you ;)

I have to agree with madskillz. Legend11 has a very good avatar that, in my mind, fits him well.

At least Legend has stopped posting about what a failure SMG is.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Also, my reasons for hating Jaffe have nothing to do with his comments about Miyamoto, instead they are related to his general attitude, his beliefs, and his actual game development. The Miyamoto apology was just the last straw in a long line of last straws.

so... one reason you hate Jaffe is because he developes games for Sony?? Wow, I'm speechless.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
akuma587 said:
The terms are definitely thrown around too liberally. At least some of the true trolls and fanboys have been banned.

How the hell can I not have noticed you before?! Over 1000 posts! Sorry for ambling about nearly blind there akuma, this has never happended before. How long have you been a member?

I think we should simply ignore those who make extremely fanboyish comments. It would be nice if there was a "hide this user from me" or "ignore all of this user's posts" that we could use on people who do not have anything valuable to contribute.

Legend11: many of your posts are troll hiding behind the thin veil of actual discussion.  People can always see this, especially given your history.  If you come out and say something like, "game X has good graphics FOR A WII GAME" or "Here are some bad screens of mediocre Wii game with big license, enjoy!"

Most gamers don't care that deeply about graphics.  They want to have something look decent -- have good art assests, have a solid frame rate ("feel playable"), and have nice music.  But they don't care (or even know) if it's in HD most of the time.  It seems like a lot of people here cannot fathom that and can't understand why people don't just discover that the HD capable consoles are HD capable and suddenly begin buying them.