By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A lot of people should stop throwing around the words fanboy and troll.

PooperScooper said:
^LOL @ Claude.

I think he missed the whole "look in the mirror" line

That line only works on toddlers.

Clearly you bought into it. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Sorry Legend but the posts i have seen from you are very anti Wii, your biased shows, though i would not call you a fanboy. For instance, i have a Wii and want a PS3, not at all interested in the 360 what so ever, you do not see me going into a thread, talking about PROD, or how they squandered thier first year or anything stupid like that, simply because i don't care, though i prefare Nintendo and Sony's console, i do not deslike the 360, i am just indifferent to it. Thus i do not have to enter a anti or pro 360 thread and bash the 360.
You however, will constantly go into a wii thread, anti or positive one, and add your own negative spin to things, from my point of veiw, it does not make you a fanboy, but definatley makes you insecure, thus people labeling you as what ever.
It seems, you don't even like the wii, so why post about it. Though i do agree with you that a lot of the folks who are calling you it need to tkae a look in the mirror them selves.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

There truly are fanboys and trolls on Vgchartz, but I feel that the terms may also be used at times to fill in blanks when no intelligent response is imminent or there are no more arguments to choose from. Calling someone a fanboy is often the last resort, signaling that you may have just lost a debate, but those who use the term feel like winners none the less. Strange landscape the internet is...

The terms are definitely thrown around too liberally. At least some of the true trolls and fanboys have been banned.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

LOL @ the haters. I think a lot of it boils down to lack of reading comprehension and improper use of the dictionary. These clowns will still misuse the term time and time again. Eventually, I see who's posting what and just yawn.

"An empty wagon makes a lot of noise."

Around the Network

labeling others who doesn't agree with oneself so as to justify insulting them personally...

humans have been using that methods for hundreds of years, probably goes back as early as "barbarian" . When you call other names, it's a way of making them 'less human', so it justify doin't terrible things to them. The same thing applies here.

If you don't agree with someone, SAY it, labeling others is just a way to belittling other's opinion because you have obviously nothing smart to say as a comeback.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Mummelmann I agree calling someone a fanboy is usually a last resort, but not for that reason. I'd call someone a fanboy when they have made it clear that there is no use trying to reason or debate with them anymore.

I've always been under the impression of sticking your hand in the Bee-hive will yield strange results >_>; I love this site because the community is fairly small, the posters are often unique, and the topics are generally interesting. However as a Sony fan, I've been reading the non-stop horrible news on the front page about the PSP and or PS3 :P Granted, it makes for some interesting conversations, but we try to defend and we just get labeled "blind", "ignorant", or drinking some sort of Kool-aide. I mean honestly, who starts an anti PS3 thread, then proceeds to call all the PS3 posters pathetic so to say. Is that not the very definition of flame-bait?

I dunno I agree with some of the above posters that you really ask for it sometimes xD, but the people lashing out at you are generally fanboys also, which is sad to say. I generally don't always agree with you, and I find your post's well written, but not always constructive. Post more positive news on all 3 consoles, we love that ;)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Woah guys.... I gotta say I'm with Legend on some of the things he's complaining about. There is another person in this thread who I've hinted to, to tone things down a bit due to the same complaints that person has about Legend. Let's face it, people don't like hearing bad news about their favorite console. So don't rub it in when you find it. If it's a news story worthy of posting in the news section, forward it on to a moderator that posts news. That way your name won't get attached with the negative attacks on said system.

However this is now directed at Legend. I think your Avatar needs a refresh. I know it's probably a likeness of how you see yourself but the problem is it's a little smug. Put a smile on your face or wink one eye or something if that's possible to give your character some cheerfulness. Either that or go all evil like me. That way people will think less smug and more evil or cheery about you ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

@ being called a fanboy
How many 360 fanboys on these forums that post regularly? six, seven?

Be proud! (but don't be blind!.. Blind fanboys suck balls)

@being called a troll
You're not a troll, proof is that you havn't been banned. Most users who call others trolls are as Mummelmann stated "used at times to fill in blanks when no intelligent response is imminent or there are no more arguments to choose from"

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)