By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo comments on PS4/X1 launch lineups - MEH

well hes not gunna praise it now is he lol

Around the Network

Really Reggie? Get your own house in order before you criticize someone elses. If I had plenty to play on my Wii U this would be funny, but right now I'm not laughing.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Eternal said:
To quote some guy from IGN:

Quotes from Nintendo execs over the past few decades...

1988: "I look at our lineup of titles and I feel good about our lineup. We’ve got Zelda. We’ve got Mario. We’ve got Donkey Kong."

1995: "I look at our lineup of titles and I feel good about our lineup. We’ve got Zelda. We’ve got Mario. We’ve got Donkey Kong."

2001: "I look at our lineup of titles and I feel good about our lineup. We’ve got Zelda. We’ve got Mario. We’ve got Donkey Kong."

2007: "I look at our lineup of titles and I feel good about our lineup. We’ve got Zelda. We’ve got Mario. We’ve got Donkey Kong."

2013: "I look at our lineup of titles and I feel good about our lineup. We’ve got Zelda. We’ve got Mario. We’ve got Donkey Kong."

Do you realize what any company would give to be able to make a statement like that?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Cheebee said:
iamdeath said:
Cheebee said:
iamdeath said:
Cheebee said:
Well, by early 2014 WiiU is sure to have a LOT more system-selling software than PS4/X1 combined, whether the fratcore like it or not.

Umm no, just no. The lack of third party support alone makes the game lineups on x1 and ps4 dwarf Wii-u. Witcher 3 is going to be awesome :).

It's not about quantity. As you could've seen above, had you read it, I was talking about system-selling software. How much SYSTEM SELLERS is PS4/X1 launching with, compared to the SYSTEM-SELLING software WiiU has by then? Not so much. Disagree? So show me.

Besides, most Nintendo system sellers (you know, Mario, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart)  sell more than the entire Witcher franchise across all platforms combined, regardless of how awesome random fratcore internet guys think Witcher 3 is going to be, or how inferior they may deem Nintendo's IPs. Truth and fact of the matter is, Nintendo games sell. I mean, even on the measly GameCube, Mario Kart sold like 7 million.

Call of duty, GTA, Elder scrolls, BAttelfield,  Dragon age, Mass effect, Uncharted, GRan Turismo, Halo, and on and on and on (insert third party game here) won't be on wii-u. No just no, the x1 and ps4 lineup are way beyond what wii-u offers. The lack of third party support is big.

PS4 and x1 have quality, saying they don't is pure ignorance. They also dwarf Nintendo in third party games, which many of which are HUGE sellers.

Huge sellers, but system sellers? Most are multiplats, and most aren't launch titles. Or is PS4 launching with Uncharted 4 now? Is COD exclusive to the X1? I could go on. Or I could play it your way: Nintendo has Pokemon, Mario, Smash Bros., Metroid, Zelda, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Watch Dogs. Nevermind that some of those aren't exclusive or not out for years to come, because that's absolutely irrelevant, yes? Come on. Also, you say lack of 3rd party support on WiiU is big (it is, true), but then again, in comparison to Nintendo, Sony's 1st party offerings are severely lacking.

System sellers? That doesan't exist sorry, that is a bs termn. The wii-u is not going to all of a sudden sell like hot cakes over 1 game there would be a bumo and it will die down.. It is a constant strema of good titles that sell systems. And YEs if you think havign COD, Elder scrolls GTA, and other bid third party games don't sell systems then I have a unicorn to sell you.

Who said anything about launch? Wii-u is a year old and still has barely anything. in 2014 there are a lot more big selling games coming to x1 and PS4.

bananaking21 said:
forest-spirit said:
On the bright side this shows that Nintendo is more relevant than ever. When Tretton called the 3DS a baby-sitting tool not that many cared but when Reggie calls the PS4/Xbone line-ups 'Meh' everyone gathers to breath in the wisdom.

or it means that so much more people care about the X1 and PS4 and they feel the need to defend it. its their call of duty to do so

Then it's proof that people get butthurt extremely easy.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Well isn't this just hilarious.Oh Reggie!

osed125 said:
bananaking21 said:
forest-spirit said:
On the bright side this shows that Nintendo is more relevant than ever. When Tretton called the 3DS a baby-sitting tool not that many cared but when Reggie calls the PS4/Xbone line-ups 'Meh' everyone gathers to breath in the wisdom.

or it means that so much more people care about the X1 and PS4 and they feel the need to defend it. its their call of duty to do so

it means that these people are willing to fight for what is right, they arent affraid to step foot into the battlefield

osed125 said:
bananaking21 said:
forest-spirit said:

DUH, consoles are serious Bizness dude. First world issues lol.

I agree. I gave consideration at buying a Ps4 at launch just based on the hype but when I checked the launch line-up I was like: "WTF??? how in hell is this getting so much hype on the internet? damn fanboys..."

Then I looked at the "launch window" lineup and it's still terrible. Really, I just don't get the hype behind the same yearly multiplatform 3rd party games and not so hot first party exclusives.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
I agree. I gave consideration at buying a Ps4 at launch just based on the hype but when I checked the launch line-up I was like: "WTF??? how in hell is this getting so much hype on the internet? damn fanboys..."

Then I looked at the "launch window" lineup and it's still terrible. Really, I just don't get the hype behind the same yearly multiplatform 3rd party games and not so hot first party exclusives.

Did you see the wii-u launch and it's lineup? Thats the issue. No console has a great lineup at launch, it's just that Nintendo has no right to talk.