By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Evidence for the existence of God

On a seperate note, since this has turned in to a lot of philosophical debate, and most of the points went unanswered, I like to think about some other possibilites.

There is the theory along side the The Big Bang, that states the Universe is starting to, or will collapse back in to how it was before the big bang.

If this is true, theoretically this could have happened an infinte amount of time and there have been infinite universes with infinite civilizations. And isn't it also possible that in the infinites of space , multiple big bangs could occur, with multiple expansions and collapses happening quadrillions of miles beyond the limits of our universe's mass radius.

Interesting things to think about in my opininion

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
senseinobaka said:
Final-Fan said:
Question: At the end of the day, are there going to be people alive who are not Jehovah's Witnesses? You say vagabond is wrong to say "no", but your following explanation does not verify this point.

I'm not sure what you mean by "at the end of the day" so I'm gonna assume:

1)If you mean after Armegeddon, the answer is yes. You will have survivors of armegeddon and then you will have people being resurrected both righteous and unrighteous. The vast majority of those resurrected will not be Jehovah's Witnesses.

2)If you mean after everyone is resurrected and gods kingdom is over the entire earth. Then the answer is in a way no. Those who are resurrected or those who survive armegeddon that decide to follow satan will recieve second death. So that leaves only worshipers of God in god's kingdom.

[irrelevant portion excised to conserve space]

[irrelevant portion excised for space, and by the way I do appreciate that you took the time to answer both possible interpretations of my question.]

But back on topic: It's follow God or follow Satan? No middle ground? (Not surprising but just making sure.)
It's understandable that this got lost in the shuffle, considering the size and number of recent posts, but I would like a concrete answer. Based on other posts I'm certain the answer is "yes" but I would like confirmation.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

CrashMan said:
On a seperate note, since this has turned in to a lot of philosophical debate, and most of the points went unanswered, I like to think about some other possibilites.

There is the theory along side the The Big Bang, that states the Universe is starting to, or will collapse back in to how it was before the big bang.

If this is true, theoretically this could have happened an infinte amount of time and there have been infinite universes with infinite civilizations. And isn't it also possible that in the infinites of space , multiple big bangs could occur, with multiple expansions and collapses happening quadrillions of miles beyond the limits of our universe's mass radius.

With the fairly proven existence of black holes, the theory of white holes is floating around more as decades pass, which is exactly the opposite of sucking things in.... shooting things out.  Some believe White Holes could be big bangs, along with the idea that Big Bangs could be more than one occasion... multiple universes out there, but so far away we couldn't even fathom finding them at this point - it took so long just to find another galaxy.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

CrashMan said:

Yeah, but it's my understanding that the currently predominant scientific opinion is that the universe won't eventually do that.  It'll just expand (forever, I think) and everything will eventually die.  Depressing if they're right. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Animaniacs video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_J5rBxeTIk

Wacko's Universe? It's a thoughtful video at any rate

Around the Network

Excuse Me, Yakko's Universe

They sure don't make shows like that any more :(

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Final-Fan said:
CrashMan said:

Yeah, but it's my understanding that the currently predominant scientific opinion is that the universe won't eventually do that. It'll just expand (forever, I think) and everything will eventually die. Depressing if they're right.

Celestial bodies can eventually break free from a gravitational pull just by distance alone... which mean, whilc both are not proven, the universe expanding to the point of no return is possible, along with still having enough gravity to pull everything back.

The question is does the universe have enough gravity to pull itself back together before it's too late - wat, too late?  We don't -want- everything to collapse!

What happens when galaxies on the edge of 2 expanding universes expand in to each other. Planets crashing in to planets, Mass disaster! Yet we would most likely never know...

No, I totally would like the universe to do that instead of just die. Most likely everything would be dead by the time a Big Crunch happened anyway.