By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Evidence for the existence of God

Final-Fan said:
I think you labor under a mistaken impression, redspear. I am not Muslim and in fact I don't even have anyone close to me who is Muslim. But what he said is such a flying leap across any conceivable line of decent behavior that I will not tolerate it for an instant.

Oh but it still doesn't matter that is really just an ignorant thing to say something that is truly baseless outside of your won personal world. I am always kind of turned off by this stuff. I get it every few weeks from christians because I was never baptised and they think I am unsaved. I can appreciate their concerns based of their beliefs but it gets tiring because you think after a while they would know I don't go voer to their church and say things  like that to them and what they say to me is completely pointless because it won't change my faith.

Around the Network

Did you eat all the apples during this discusion so there are none left for me as a join you under this magnificent apple tree of knowledge

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
Did you eat all the apples during this discusion so there are none left for me as a join you under this magnificent apple tree of knowledge

There is still the apple pie if you want some of that?

But, wouldn't I be able to piss in the face of god, if the guy really did exist?

CrashMan said:
So all law prior to the new Testament should be thrown out? Gotcha, goodbye 10 commandments

*brushes hands* What else can we toss out here to make this book more convenient
No, the ten commandments are used as a mirror as well as the finger print of the Messiah.

Around the Network
redspear said:
vaio said:

There is still the apple pie if you want some of that?

I´d love some, you serve it with serpent cola?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

""a. All languages, codes, protocols and encoding / decoding mechanisms that we know the origin of come from a mind - there are no known exceptions

b. DNA is a language, a code, a protocol, and an encoding / decoding mechanism

c. Therefore DNA came from a mind."

Thats the worst piece of logic I've seen for a long time. It's the classic:

a. Bob has a red car

b. I have a red car

c. My car is bobs car

flukus said:
""a. All languages, codes, protocols and encoding / decoding mechanisms that we know the origin of come from a mind - there are no known exceptions

b. DNA is a language, a code, a protocol, and an encoding / decoding mechanism

c. Therefore DNA came from a mind."

Thats the worst piece of logic I've seen for a long time. It's the classic:

a. Bob has a red car

b. I have a red car

c. My car is bobs car
 I would put it much simplier as information is useless /meanless without the mind, thus  information is direct evidence of the mind. This is the logic SETI program uses.

Ok, an explanation of things for you Final.

Firstly, God created us for His own glory. We are simply here to glorify Him through our existence. "I created you for my glory. I formed you, I made you." (See also Isaiah 43:7) He created us for His glory. God's great aim in creating and governing the world is that He be glorified.

Secondly, God uses all things to glorify Himself. "Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Cor. 10:31). "Let your light so shine among men that they may see your good deeds and give glory to your Father in heaven" (Mt. 5:16). This is not an admonition to do God a favor. It is a command to align our lives with His eternal goal.

Thirdly, “in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28)

Fourthly, God uses trials of your FAITH to develop perseverance and uses Perseverance to perfect us in our seeking of God. (James 1:2-4)

Fifthly, God used Job's trial to show His glory to everyone involved, Job and his friends. He did this by restoring to Job double of everything that was taken away from him in worldly possessions. He was ultimately glorified by Job who went through the troubles he did and never once cursed God or sinned against him with his mouth.

Overall, "God does allow, however, with His permission, Satan to tempt his children. Here is at least one reason why the Christian ought always pray “lead us not into temptation” (Matthew 6:13) and why the Christian must always resist the Devil (James 4:7). In both prayer and resistance, what temptations God does allow the Devil to throw our way may always be overcome as God doesn’t allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to bear (1 Corinthians 10:13)."

I want my WHOLE paycheck! I support the Fair Tax!

http://www.fairtax.org/

people just need to learn to live and let live. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter if you believe in God or you don't. The key is to live a full happy life and if that means adhering to rules of religion so be it, and if it doesn't, then you can find your own meaning in whatever you want.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.