By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision defends yearly Call of Duty releases

Tagged games:

noname2200 said:
Whole thing could've (should've) been condensed to "y'all keep buying them."

Can't wait till CoD goes the way of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.  Eventually, people will grow tired of CoD and stop buying them.  I'm burned out on FPS myself (bought WaW, BO and GE on Wii last gen and that was enough for me) and don't see myself purchasing any in a long time.

Around the Network

Cod is popculture?I guess since Lady Gaga this word can be missused for everything.

BasilZero said:
sethnintendo said:
noname2200 said:
Whole thing could've (should've) been condensed to "y'all keep buying them."

Can't wait till CoD goes the way of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.  Eventually, people will grow tired of CoD and stop buying them.  I'm burned out on FPS myself (bought WaW, BO and GE on Wii last gen and that was enough for me) and don't see myself purchasing any in a long time.

CoD already has outlived Guitar Hero and is about to for TH.

I dont think the FPS genre is gonna go anywhere either - there is still very high demand for the genre.

Yea, I probably wouldn't mind single player FPS experience but I'm done with the online culture for FPS.  People bitching and talking shit at each other, cheating, exploiting glitches, accusing you of cheating even though you didn't because you did good, etc...

Fuck playing FPS online.  I don't need to deal with all that shit anymore.  I believe the mic has degraded FPS.  Sure it is helpful sometimes communicating with team members but in between matches it is annoying when most people just talk shit to each other (don't get me started on little kids that shouldn't even be playing the game in the first place).  I suppose I could just ignore everyone but yea... I'm burned out. 

BasilZero said:

Hopefully. I have a feeling Titanfall has the chance if done right.

He said a different game. Not the same game but with robots.

badgenome said:
It is the best selling game year after year. What's to defend?

/thread

Around the Network

I'm not a fan of CoD or military shooters in general but I have no problem with what they're doing. If it was one studio with yearly releases, that would be pushing it, but such is not the case. They really don't need to defend anything.

At one point, i enjoyed call of duty but now i'm bored of it. So, i'm finished with the series now.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Say what you will but how many games did people buy last November that they still play almost daily, today? Despite all of my big purchases and "Game of the Year" contenders, Call of Duty still gets constant playtime in my home while the other gather dust. It's a great series and a fun title. I'll be buying it again this year.

there is nothing to defend, i think around 20m people buy every new cod which means people want a new game every year. sure, not those who complain about it but they are probably not really cod fans.

why should they release it only every second year? to sell maybe 25m with one game instead of 40m with two games in two years?

those who think a new game every year is too much should just buy only the iw or treyarch games and then it's only every second year for them.