By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announce Holiday release dates and lineup, with a damn pretty LoZ Gamepad

Dat Zelda: A Link Between Worlds box-art O.O.

Around the Network

that gamepad WOW!!!

34 years playing games.

TK14 said:
Panama said:
Is that Mario Party 3DS? Why is this the first time i've heard of it.

Apparently you didn't watch the Nintendo Directs that occurred earlier in the year. Think they revealed it back in April?

I saw all of them, hence my early M&L pre-order. Guess I must have dozed out.

oooh my sales tracking chart on sept on should get interesting...

Wait a minute, why does it say "Full game download" on the console package?

Wind Waker in this bundle is only a digital download without a hard boxed copy? That's bullshit. I am not getting it then.

Around the Network

My thoughts:

2DS is FUGLY! But...releasing it for $130 on the same day as Pokemon X and Pokemon Y..BRILLIANT.

Wii Party U being bundled with a Wii Remote Plus for $50...GREAT VALUE.

Super Mario 3D World releasing BEFORE Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and BEFORE Black Friday...SMART.

Wii U Price Drop...needed to happen, should help the system and game sales this holiday and beyond and give Nintendo a fighting chance against the PS4 and Xbone now since it's $100 and $200 cheaper respectively. I worry about the impact on Nintendo's profits...but WWHD is being bundled digitally, instead of the physical copy of Nintendo Land...so I imagine that makes up much of the difference. Also, with 2DS confirmed as profitable out of the gate, that should help negate some losses as well.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Mario Party: Island Tour, Super Mario 3D World ALL coming out on the same day, November 22nd. .....really?! You couldn't have spaced them out even a little? Ouch. My wallet is going to BLEED. Especially considering I'm going to the Zelda Symphony in Milwaukee on the 23rd.

Still no release date for Wii Fit U and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games...STUPID. There's no excuse at this point. Wii Fit U software should be $50 (w/ the Fit Meter) or bundled with the balance board for $99 like before. Should come out in early December. Olympics should be $50 like Sonic Lost World and should come out in early/mid November.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze/Wind Waker HD only $50...WONDERFUL! Now, if only they'd just decide to release The Wonderful 101 for $50 then I'd get that too.

Overall, a little concerned about Nintendo's profits and fiscal year now but like I said, the digital bundle of Wind Waker plus some extra profits from a $130 handheld (no matter how ugly...) releasing alongside Pokemon X/Y, should keep things fairly close to where they are now. LOVE that we got some release dates, GLAD that the Wii U is officially price dropping, and I think Nintendo is now set to regain some momentum and have a very successful holiday. Come September 20th (almost 2 months before the other 2 even arrive), Wii U suddenly becomes much more appealing to the "family/casual" consumer that bought the Wii, thanks to it's lowered price/bundle options. And then through October, November, and December, Wii U has a VERY strong lineup of games on the way...many of which are available for LESS than "current-gen" pricing (Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, etc.). Also, 3DS was set to succeed anyway with Pokemon and Zelda...and now with the 2DS being so cheap and smartly appealing to that family/small-child consumer, sales should be FANTASTIC this holiday.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Slimebeast said:

Wind Waker in this bundle is only a digital download without a hard boxed copy? That's bullshit. I am not getting it then.

Yeah, it is a voucher.  Also I believe the retail version won't even be out until October 4th.

Slimebeast said:

The fact that it's digital instead of the physical copy of Nintendo Land is what allows them to drop the price presumably without DESTROYING their fiscal year. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Slimebeast said:

They did the same with a couple of 3DS bundles. It probably reduces cost by a decent margin. 

OT: F*ck I wasn't planning to get a Wii U this year, but with the price cut plus that Zelda bundle, I really can't say no...

Nintendo and PC gamer

curl-6 said:
Wait, so DK is in December and 3D World in November?
Wasn't it the other way around?

Beat me to it.