By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread: GTA ONLINE OUT NOW!

Favourite protagonist?

Micheal 61 58.10%

Franklin 16 15.24%

Trevor 22 20.95%

Total:99
Carl2291 said:

So the guy who owns the local game shop just posted this to his Facebook.

Grr...

You think that's bad? My local GAME which I preordered from have the games behind the counter. They gave me a copy to look at before taking it away from me again, saying "come back Monday night" and laughing their way to the backroom to play it no doubt (maybe not but still).

It's now that the wait becomes harder and harder. When the reviews start landing in the next day or two? That'll be hard.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

When will review embargo lift?

the2real4mafol said:
I'm so glad they put snow in the game. It's my favourite weather type. Hopefully, it will be on GTA V's many mountains.

snow in the streets and on roofs!!

this is a re-upload (the original got taken down) so watch quickly before its gets taken down

DestructorGT said:
Conegamer said:
DestructorGT said:
I'm picking it up at launch, and I'm predicting a 97 score on metacritic. I always wondered how could any game get even one perfect score because nothing is perfect, everything has flaws. It will probably be the game of the year.

It may be the highest rated game of the year...but I still think a lot of sites will go with The Last of Us. I don't know, it just seems to be the darling of the Internet for some reason (though it is damn good and in my Top 10 games of all time, so there's some merit to itIt 

It will be a close one, but who knows maybe some of the next gen games end up being the winner.

You beat me to it.   Just good that we have a handful of A+ releases this year... nice.

Should I be getting this for PS3 or Xbox 360? Is there a comparison between frame rates, textures, etc. anywhere yet? I can load multiple discs to my hard drive, so that doesn't bother me too much.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Grr...

You think that's bad? My local GAME which I preordered from have the games behind the counter. They gave me a copy to look at before taking it away from me again, saying "come back Monday night" and laughing their way to the backroom to play it no doubt (maybe not but still).

It's now that the wait becomes harder and harder. When the reviews start landing in the next day or two? That'll be hard.

Why not try an independant store? There's one I go to that doesn't really care, sometimes sells stuff a few days early, sold me rated 18 games since I was like 13. I'm gonna try them on sunday.

Also, the reference pics in OP look way off, I think this one's more accurate: http://i.imgur.com/USaFo0Q.jpg

g911turbo said:
Should I be getting this for PS3 or Xbox 360? Is there a comparison between frame rates, textures, etc. anywhere yet? I can load multiple discs to my hard drive, so that doesn't bother me too much.

They've shown footage of both, mostly PS3, no noticeable difference from that. 360 has had a few slightly better looking ports from Rockstar this gen, but this looks exactly the same so you should just go with whichever console is most popular amongst your friends.

g911turbo said:

every footage R* showed so far was on PS3

Andrespetmonkey said:
Conegamer said:

Grr...

Why not try an independant store? There's one I go to that doesn't really care, sometimes sells stuff a few days early, sold me rated 18 games since I was like 13. I'm gonna try them on sunday.

Also, the reference pics in OP look way off, I think this one's more accurate: http://i.imgur.com/USaFo0Q.jpg

True. Might go down to the indie store to try it out. What you got to lose? I did find out that store has over 1000 preorders though....and it's about 650 360 and 350 PS3. 

Chevinator123 said:
the2real4mafol said:
I'm so glad they put snow in the game. It's my favourite weather type. Hopefully, it will be on GTA V's many mountains.

snow in the streets and on roofs!!

this is a re-upload (the original got taken down) so watch quickly before its gets taken down

Unfortunately it would appear as though the vid has been taken down. Ah well!