By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

fkusumot said:

I don't own a Wii (my cat does, he lets me play GH3 sometimes) and I'm really excited about Wii Fit. I think it wiill revolutionize gaming. If my cat doesn't buy Wii Fit then I think I'm going to have to buy it myself.

That was foony

HAHAHAHAHA

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

You know, PS3-Fit has a certain ring to it. PS3 Sports and PS3-Play? Bring it!

kingofwale said:

Yes, if you own a Wii, this isn't the thread for you, so please restrain from participating.

The purpose of this is for PS3/PS2/Xbox/Xbox360 owner's view on Wiifit, and hopefully untainted by fanboyism. I know how Wii owners feel about Wiifit, I just need the view from others WITHOUT having flames thrown at them for expressing themselves.

As for me, I really don't know why the big hypes. I can understand the hypes of SSBB, MK and I can see myself playing those and enjoying those deeply, but I have absolutely no interest in Wiifit. To me, it's not a game and if I want to pick up yoga, I'd go do just that. I buy console for games, not workout video.

What do you think? 

so u represent a common view of 'hardcore gamers' the problem is that the non-gamers and casual gamers that wii fit targets haven't even heard of vgchartz.com, much less have an account here

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I just think people are more easily bored  today as I couldn't see this game get anywhere 10-20 years ago. Just look at all those boring so called "reality" TV shows.

kingofwale said:
>I think it wiill revolutionize gaming.

well, we all know you shouldn't be posting here. ;), but I will let it slide if you answer me one question.. (no sarcasm here)

How will it revolutionize gaming? I mean, we all heard Wiimote will, but two of the best Wii games this year, and people will probably want to use GC controller for both.

But you stated in the begining of the thread that you have no interest in Wiifit, and you proceeded in calling it something for yoga, fyi wiifit comes with about 30 games, it seems you have not done your home work and seem to have this perception of it as an exercising utility, but what it is first and formost is fun entertainment, and until you are able to open your mind a little and actually look what come in the box, it will not interest you.

Wiifit comes with GAMES!!!! 

So if you are a gamer give it a try, people were dissing wii sports before they tried it, and found out after trying it, that it was fun!!!

Just some advice for you there. 

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

the fact that the first response from a non-wii owner on this thread was along the lines of "you can't exercise with just a wiimote and nunchuck" should be enough reason to understand that the topic is useless without people who actually know what the hell they are talking about

I have to admit that I didn't really understand Nintendogs or Brain Training when they were announced, but after their release it became clear to what extent the videogame industry was not reaching out to a large percentage (in fact the majority) of the population ...

To understand the expectations of a game like Wii Fit you just have to start to think of the millions of active people who are non-gamers because videogames are "Too Passive" of an activity, the millions of men and women who desire to lose weight but find excercise boring and tedious, and the millions of existing gamers who are interested in something (or potentially anything) new ...

I know you didn't want Wii owners in your thread, but by attempting to eliminate them you're only going to attract people who probably don't understand mainly due to their unwillingness to try the Wii

>that means they don't own the system, right?

System-seller is so overused, reviewers use it all the time, it doesn't mean they will go out and buy another console for it everytime they claim so.

>I just think people are more easily bored today

I like that new perspective, very interest. You think it's the culture of ADD kids (probably from tv watching) that made us all the sudden in love with mini-games with some new method of playing them?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

it has nothing to do with ADD

it has to do with playing the same old genres over and over for the past few decades

and then the NON-GAMERS like the Wii because they can play it, thanks to the wiimote

i know it is hard for you to see, but to a great % of the population, the gamepads of ps1/ps2/ps3/xbox/360/n64/gc are BARRIERS TO ENTRY for them...they see all those buttons and just don't even bother trying

they now see the wiimote and wii sports where u hardly have to hit ONE button and they get excited because they can play something that looks like fun without having to learn what 34323 buttons do

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
HappySqurriel said:

...To understand the expectations of a game like Wii Fit you just have to start to think of the millions of active people who are non-gamers because videogames are "Too Passive" of an activity, the millions of men and women who desire to lose weight but find excercise boring and tedious, and the millions of existing gamers who are interested in something (or potentially anything) new ...

In other words you think is will sell because it another weigh loss gimmick which has become a multi-billion dollar industry.