By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

watch 30 seconds of this:

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

and scan through this:

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

It's interesting, it wouldn't sell me on the Wii, but it would be something to think about if I were to buy a Wii.

I'm wondering how long it would hold my attention, Wii sports lasted a couple of weeks to a month or two. Also, I'm wondering how I could cheat the balance board like you could cheat the Wii-mote in Wii sports.... Do full swinging motions my foot....

kingofwale said:

Yes, if you own a Wii, this isn't the thread for you, so please restrain from participating.

The purpose of this is for PS3/PS2/Xbox/Xbox360 owner's view on Wiifit, and hopefully untainted by fanboyism. I know how Wii owners feel about Wiifit, I just need the view from others WITHOUT having flames thrown at them for expressing themselves.

As for me, I really don't know why the big hypes. I can understand the hypes of SSBB, MK and I can see myself playing those and enjoying those deeply, but I have absolutely no interest in Wiifit. To me, it's not a game and if I want to pick up yoga, I'd go do just that. I buy console for games, not workout video.

What do you think? 

So all and only PS3/PS2/Xbox/Xbox360 owners are objective and not fanboys and ALL Wii owners will attack you for your opinion?

The only way to get valid criticism is to hear all sides, not just those who will agree with you.

Any way OT:  Honestly I don't think Wii Fit is targeted toward the vast majority of the user here on VG chartz.  Its goal is to attract more of the casual market, something families can do together.  I don't think many guy's dorm rooms will be full of balance boards at release.

I, as a Wii owner, haven't decided whether to get this or not, but if I do, it would be more for my girlfriend than myself. 

As to your Yoga comment, the same could be said about Guitar Hero, or Rock Band, or ANY game that emulates real life activities (every sports game,) so you would kind of need to discount all of those to discount the 'Yoga' aspect of the game.  You not caring about doing yoga at home is a different story though (as I don't really care baout it either, but as I said, my g/f probably would)

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

The video with the push-ups doesn't look that impressive as a trainer. When I do push-ups I don't leave my arms straight that long so to keep pressure (weight) on my triceps.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
@kingofwale... I just want to ask, why can't you use the quote button? are you posting from a restrictive browser (phone?) or something?

regarding Wii Fit, I can't say I was initially interested in the ame at all, but the actual balance board opens up a lot of possibilities for me, and I hope soon that third parties get their asses into gear reagarding some neat ideas.

I have grown a bit more interested in the actual Wii Fit game though, because early on I had only seen videos for the Yoga, the Skiing and the football heading thing, which didn't seem worth it (the skiing looks good but I wasn't going to buy all that just for 1 minigame).
I am in two minds whether to buy it still, but that's mainly because it will be expensive and I rarely spend more than £40 on a game... I imagine I might get it when it is chaper and some other games have included the functionality of the balance board (no doubt all early third party efforts will just be copies of Wii fit, or else hybrids of Wii fit and DDR though)

because I don't like box within box within box... lol, you catch my drift.

Thanks for someone for posting 2 videos. I've only seen Wiifit in action in the soccer game, but wow, poor guy's first pushup wasn't even counted. lol, what's your view on it? It kind of re-enforced my believe it's actually a 'workout video'. ;)

in the second video, the guy's say "you have to keep the dot in the yellow box, it's not as easy as it looks". hmmm, isn't the dot your centre of gravity? So if it goes over the yellow box, you fall over, Physics 101, I don't think it's impossible for you to NOT be in the yellow box. lol

also, here's people who said that PS3/360 fans better start getting used to mini-games, because it will be taking over. (or something of this sort), I utterly disagree. Sure, we will see tons of this kind of game for Wii, but I will not buy it and I hope most people won't (at least shovelwares), and big company will still make good, high budget games that push the graphical power on PS3 and 360.

what we will have is a huge division between Wii and PS360. If without games like Zelda, SMG, SSBB, MK, Z&W, NMH, MP3, there will not be any agreement between Wii and PS360 fans.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

For me, when WiiFit comes out, I will probably buy a Wii. (or buy one a month or so before, as I will not be able to find one for 6 months after).

There are 2-3 games on the Wii I would like to play. Two games alone is not worth buying a system, but if WiiFit really does a good job of making exercise fun, I will buy it even if I never buy a game for the system (of course I will by 1 or 2 games I am sure)

kingofwale said:
TWRoO said:
@kingofwale... I just want to ask, why can't you use the quote button? are you posting from a restrictive browser (phone?) or something?

regarding Wii Fit, I can't say I was initially interested in the ame at all, but the actual balance board opens up a lot of possibilities for me, and I hope soon that third parties get their asses into gear reagarding some neat ideas.

I have grown a bit more interested in the actual Wii Fit game though, because early on I had only seen videos for the Yoga, the Skiing and the football heading thing, which didn't seem worth it (the skiing looks good but I wasn't going to buy all that just for 1 minigame).
I am in two minds whether to buy it still, but that's mainly because it will be expensive and I rarely spend more than £40 on a game... I imagine I might get it when it is chaper and some other games have included the functionality of the balance board (no doubt all early third party efforts will just be copies of Wii fit, or else hybrids of Wii fit and DDR though)

because I don't like box within box within box... lol, you catch my drift. 

Thanks for someone for posting 2 videos. I've only seen Wiifit in action in the soccer game, but wow, poor guy's first pushup wasn't even counted. lol, what's your view on it? It kind of re-enforced my believe it's actually a 'workout video'. ;)

also, here's people who said that PS3/360 fans better start getting used to mini-games, because it will be taking over. (or something of this sort), I utterly disagree. Sure, we will see tons of this kind of game for Wii, but I will not buy it and I hope most people won't (at least shovelwares), and big company will still make good, high budget games that push the graphical power on PS3 and 360.

what we will have is a huge division between Wii and PS360. If without games like Zelda, SMG, SSBB, MK, Z&W, NMH, MP3, there will not be any agreement between Wii and PS360 fans. 

That's exactly what it is, an interactive workout video with some workout style games with it as well.  Again, this probably won't interest you but it will interest a huge group of people.  Just remember, just because YOU don't find it interesting or fun, does not mean it is inherantly uninteresting or boring.

As to your last point, Iwata just reinforced Nintendo's commitment to those kind of games, so If they follow through with that commitment (which I am sure they will) they won't be missing any time soon.  Just because Nintendo is making games that are for everyone, doesn't mean they are stopping making games for those who enjoy more challenging endeavors. 

My only worry when it comes to Wii is 3rd parties.  I would hope that after their quick shovelware rush to cash in a quick buck on the Wii's success, they would start working on other bigger budget, quality games.  We SHOULD be hearing news of these games soon, if they are being worked on (which some devs probably are,) but I doubt we will see the shovelware flow slow down at all.

But as I have seen others say on these forums, a lot of bad games does not a bad library make.  A lack of good games does, which I don't think is something the Wii suffers from.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
kingofwale said:
>"I can't handle listening to people who disagree with me

You are mistaken, This isn't a debate, this is a survey.

In a survey, I can pick to interview anyone I want. and frankly, I don't want to interview Wii fans on this one. Since I already have a pretty good idea how they feel in this matter.

I rather let this be a place where other fans can express their opinion without being flamed.

i do wonder what kind of survey it is when you ask only a small(specific) part of the whole cake

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

since there have already been some 100 replies already, this may have already come up, but who the hell cares what people who DON'T own a Wii think of Wiifit? For that matter, who the hell cares what people who DO own a Wii think of Wiifit.

What I find important is what people who own WIIFIT think of Wiifit. Y'know, that have actually played the thing.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her