By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

Yes, if you own a Wii, this isn't the thread for you, so please restrain from participating.

The purpose of this is for PS3/PS2/Xbox/Xbox360 owner's view on Wiifit, and hopefully untainted by fanboyism. I know how Wii owners feel about Wiifit, I just need the view from others WITHOUT having flames thrown at them for expressing themselves.

As for me, I really don't know why the big hypes. I can understand the hypes of SSBB, MK and I can see myself playing those and enjoying those deeply, but I have absolutely no interest in Wiifit. To me, it's not a game and if I want to pick up yoga, I'd go do just that. I buy console for games, not workout video.

What do you think? 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

apparently everyone here owns a wii

Ya, so you and like, 2 other dudes would be like, the only ones posting.

like totally

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

>apparently everyone here owns a wii

lol, apparently so. *sighs*

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's a system seller for me (and my gf, we'll probably buy two copies). Looks llike it will be fun, and that's a big thing since I hate practically every form of exercise.

Oh, and I have an Xbox (at her house).

Around the Network

I don't, and I don't even get the point of buying Wii Fit, it wont even be that much of an exercise since you can't use ur legs to control to the Wii-mote and Nunchuk

Sorry, wii fan boy so I'll keep it breif...

For those who don't actually know what wii fit is and just think it's some form of yoga, or that you don't use the control with legs (see jogging in the park), here is an early review that only covers a portion of the mini exercise games.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/06/wii-fit-gameplay-makes-us-sweat-just-watching-it/

so at least those non wii users can have a better idea what they are commenting on.

Wii fit is a fun game, it isn't a weight loss cure all, but it will help you get active and with the help of a good diet and some other exercise could help you reach your goal

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@Kingofwhale

I remember you stating in a previous thread that you owned a Wii. So did I hear that wrong before?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

NFGBlinkAC said:
I don't, and I don't even get the point of buying Wii Fit, it wont even be that much of an exercise since you can't use ur legs to control to the Wii-mote and Nunchuk
Not going to post on the topic as I am not allowed but I will correct this. Wii fit uses a balance board thus you do use your legs.