By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFVII remake on the way? (AKA, the rumor that never dies!)

makingmusic476 said:
Bladeneo said:
Well, once Nomura finishes on FFXIII and versusXIII, he could easily go to either a FFVII remake or KH3 which is an equally large undertaking. I dont see any other big projects which he'd be needed on.

The remake of FFVII would be made alot easier because of a suitable engine already being created for the PS3...I guarantee that game would rape japan for a long while.

Yeah, development time for the game should be pretty quick. The White Engine will have been fully optimized for the ps3 via FFXIII, and they already have the story, etc.

Well they have the story, potential and willing voice actors from Advent children (I hope to god, if a remake arrived, theyd change cait sith so he wasnt scottish...and Cid so he wasnt a bloody texan.) To be honest, theyd probs be able to push out the game (in japan atleast) in about a year and a half.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

I think it will hit the PS3 for this reason:

The FF fans were always divided between two consoles;

The ones who loves the old type of FF gamestory.

(FFI till FFVI) Especially Nintendo fans who (the most) didn't liked FFVII but then loved FFIX because it went to the basic.

The ones who loves the new type of FFF gamestory. (Super graphics with sci-fi things) Who thinks FFVII is awesome and still love it till this day. Those are especially PS fans.

If I make a poll on a nintendo forum about the best FF game, FFVI will almost always win it on a PS forum FFVII will win (no doubt about it).

Why would they make it on the Wii for example why the most fans were PS owners?

makingmusic476 said:
Is the general consensus that this game will come to the ps3? I figured after the Wii's take off, they'd have more Nintendo fans saying it would head their way.

I think it will hit the ps3 for three reasons:

1. From what I've seen, most fans want a graphical update moreso than a gameplay update, and that's the opposite of the Wii's MO.

2. Remember those tech demos of FFVII they made with the White Engine? Yeah, those aren't possible on the Wii. :P

3. Why divide the FF fan-base between two consoles? If the Japanese stick with the trend of adopting only one console, then most FF diehards will jump on the ps3 bandwagon because of FFXIII, and if FFVII then hits the Wii...well, I just don't think SE would do that. :P

Although, I still don't really believe the whole "Japanese people only buy one console per gen" thing. That's just what I've been told on here and other sites for quite a while.

...no one has mentioned Wii in this topic except you...

This would be really cool if true (I've never gotten around to playing the original FFVII), and it's one title that really should be PS3-exclusive.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I have never played FF VII. My friend offered to lend it to me 2005, but then the rumors of the re-make occured, so i have decided to wait for the better graphics.

I want to get the most enjoyment out of this game, and if i play the PS1 version, the re-make wont be as enjoyable. Therefore I will not play FF VII until either a re-make is made or rumors die off completely.

It will never happen. At this point all we can hope on is a release of it on the PSN. But didn't an interview happen where SE said they would be working on remakes for the PSN? or was that a dream that I had?

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
makingmusic476 said:
Is the general consensus that this game will come to the ps3? I figured after the Wii's take off, they'd have more Nintendo fans saying it would head their way.

I think it will hit the ps3 for three reasons:

1. From what I've seen, most fans want a graphical update moreso than a gameplay update, and that's the opposite of the Wii's MO.

2. Remember those tech demos of FFVII they made with the White Engine? Yeah, those aren't possible on the Wii. :P

3. Why divide the FF fan-base between two consoles? If the Japanese stick with the trend of adopting only one console, then most FF diehards will jump on the ps3 bandwagon because of FFXIII, and if FFVII then hits the Wii...well, I just don't think SE would do that. :P

Although, I still don't really believe the whole "Japanese people only buy one console per gen" thing. That's just what I've been told on here and other sites for quite a while.

...no one has mentioned Wii in this topic except you...

This would be really cool if true (I've never gotten around to playing the original FFVII), and it's one title that really should be PS3-exclusive.

It was a legitimite question.  I think it has some chance of going to the Wii, hence why I posted it here instead of in the Sony section.  Of course, I think it has more of a chance of going to the ps3, but I still wanted to know what other people thought.

I was wondering primarily from a sales perspective. I haven't ever played a FF game, so I can't say personally where I think it should go from a design perspective.

Sony knows that we all want it. I bet they are just keeping it on the down low for the moment until halfway through the life of the PS3. That remake is a console selling game. If it were to come out it would be the biggest console selling game of this generation. My theory is that Sony is using it as a trump card to throw down later in the life cycle of the PS3. The remake of this game has to be one of the most anticipated remakes of all time. They would be stupid to not release it.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

Okay, how's this for an alternative?

Remake FFVII for PSP? and then you can port that onto PS2, They can still use the Crisis Core engine, and the team that's not really doing much after Disseas (or however you spell it)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I am wondering....Why do they need Nomura for?

Will the make new music for the remake?

I guess a lot of fans will not like that :s;

konnichiwa said:
I am wondering....Why do they need Nomura for?

Will the make new music for the remake?

I guess a lot of fans will not like that :s;

Nomura designed the characters, and its likely hed be the director of the new project.

Nobuo Uematsu was the composer.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.