By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge's 10 best consoles of the last 20 years

foodfather said:
Good list, but original xbox should be higher, a beast of a machine. 360 being No 2 pleases me, console with the best games across all main genres.

List all those genres for me.

Around the Network

pffff i had a nice laugh...
good to see some Gc love though

In what universe is GameCube ahead of PS3? Also, why the 5 position gap between PS3 and 360? They share like 80% of their games. Do they think that 360 exclusives justify the 5 positions gap? That doesnt really make much sense seeing as how they rated PS3 exclusives higher.

I think they're on damage control mode since the whole ''PS4 is your next console'' thing

Kane1389 said:
In what universe is GameCube ahead of PS3? Also, why the 5 position gap between PS3 and 360? They share like 80% of their games. Do they think that 360 exclusives justify the 5 positions gap? That doesnt really make much sense seeing as how they rated PS3 exclusives higher.

I think they're on damage control mode since the whole ''PS4 is your next console'' thing

Your looking way to deep into an opinion based list. If you don't like 360 at the number 2 spot fine, just realize it's the opinion of the few who worked on that article not the whole world. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Kane1389 said:

Your looking way to deep into an opinion based list. If you don't like 360 at the number 2 spot fine, just realize it's the opinion of the few who worked on that article not the whole world. 

This is a published magazine - not a blog. They are supposed to be objective and judge each console with facts, not their biased opinions.

Around the Network

I dont really see why people are complaining about 360 being so high.

One of the best libraries ever. Something for everyone.

Kane1389 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Kane1389 said:

This is a published magazine - not a blog. They are supposed to be objective and judge each console with facts, not their biased opinions.

Why don't you take a look at those two words I bolded. What magazine do you know that doesn't have biased articles? If they had put PS3 at number 2 and 360 at 7 you probably wouldn't be saying anything right now. So please spare the non sense. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Kane1389 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Kane1389 said:

Why don't you take a look at those two words I bolded. What magazine do you know that doesn't have biased articles? If they had put PS3 at number 2 and 360 at 7 you probably wouldn't be saying anything right now. So please spare the non sense. 

Uh no, I wouldnt care who gets higher, like i said, they share most of their games. My problem is that the gap is too large when they are nearly identical consoles. And i know that magazines put out biased articles, my point was that they shouldn't and we should criticize them when they do.

And please dont make assumptions. I also found their ''your next gen console'' article quite stupid and unprofessional as well.

Kane1389 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Kane1389 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Kane1389 said:

Uh no, I wouldnt care who gets higher, like i said, they share most of their games. My problem is that the gap is too large when they are nearly identical consoles. And i know that magazines put out biased articles, my point was that they shouldn't and we should criticize them when they do.

And please dont make assumptions. I also found their ''your next gen console'' article quite stupid and unprofessional as well.

I'm not a professional journalist so that point is irrelevant. Also what was stupid about it?

Actually I don't even know what thread your talking about? I haven't made a thread called your next gen console unless it was from way back.