By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop managers get PS4, free games

Tagged games:

nightsurge said:
Fusioncode said:
After the used game debacle I'm sure Gamestop is pro-Sony.

Really, this again?

The "used game debacle" would have made GameStop one of a select few exclusive venues for used games. That would have made them more Pro-Microsoft more than anything because it guarantees return business on that system.

But since that is not happening anymore, no point in bringing it up. I just wanted to clarify your flawed logic.

That doesn't make any sense. Micrsoft was pushing the digital era with the original Xbox One plan. They were trying their hardest to lean people off of retail and buy and share games through the "cloud". Also wIth the Xbox One used game sales would have taken a big hit since most people wouldn't want to pay the fees associated with it. Gamestop wanted things to stay exactly the same and that's what they got with the PS4. I'm sure they would pushed that console far more than the Xbone. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
platformmaster918 said:

have you had a bad experience working there?

Not personally, but I know enough folks who've worked there to realize that not a single one of them liked the experience.

Who would? All those sweaty, neckbeard nerds frantically storming the stores when the new Halo 7 or Uncharted: Wings of Atlantis or Super Mario Bros: Just take the bitch already, come out. Who wants to deal with those people?! 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

nightsurge said:
Fusioncode said:
After the used game debacle I'm sure Gamestop is pro-Sony.

Really, this again?

The "used game debacle" would have made GameStop one of a select few exclusive venues for used games. That would have made them more Pro-Microsoft more than anything because it guarantees return business on that system.

But since that is not happening anymore, no point in bringing it up. I just wanted to clarify your flawed logic.

Damn Sony fans, right? 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
nightsurge said:

Really, this again?

Damn Sony fans, right? 

Haha yup, and Xbox fans not wanting to embrace the future ;)

It doesnt surprise me, I used to be a SGA (3rd tier manager) and the store managers recieved a PS3 a PSV and about every AAA game mostly for 360.

Around the Network

Not worth being a GameStop manager. :P

Reminds me of when Sony got sued for giving Clear Channel employees free gifts to play Sony BMG songs more on the radio.

Well the majority of Gamestop employees i talked to had already our ordered the ps4...expect a bunch of cancellations :p

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

papamudd said:
Well the majority of Gamestop employees i talked to had already our ordered the ps4...expect a bunch of cancellations :p

it's for managers, not for regular employees.

Angelv577 said:
papamudd said:

it's for managers, not for regular employees.

True! Only one GS employee I talked to was getting the X1 as a secondary console for zumba fitness type games...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date