By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop managers get PS4, free games

Tagged games:

FatedReality said:
Expect a lot of Gamestop's to be pushing you to purchase a PS4. The employees opinions have a lot of impact on costumers purchases so smart move by Sony. I've seen many times at my local Gamestop the employee's convincing people that are on the fence to buy a Xbox over a PS3 or purchase a game just because that's there preference .

Yes those managers are going to say to their employees "I got a free PS4 so you better push the sales our I will fire you". Makes sense...

Around the Network

$800+ in gifts? That's a pretty sweet bonus for having the awful task of being an Gamestop employee but as most have pointed out i wonder if its from Sony or Gamestop themselves? From the recent Xenoblade drama i would think its from Sony.

FatedReality said:
Expect a lot of Gamestop's to be pushing you to purchase a PS4. The employees opinions have a lot of impact on costumers purchases so smart move by Sony. I've seen many times at my local Gamestop the employee's convincing people that are on the fence to buy a Xbox over a PS3 or purchase a game just because that's there preference .

Surprise! All GameStop general managers will get a free Xbox One as well: http://www.neowin.net/news/surprise-all-gamestop-general-managers-will-get-a-free-xbox-one-as-well

disolitude said:
FatedReality said:

Yes those managers are going to say to their employees "I got a free PS4 so you better push the sales our I will fire you". Makes sense...

The managers will sure have controll over product placment and if there being treated nicely im sure they will have PS4 posters and procucts front and center. It's not a huge difference but subtle things like that go a long way. Im didnt mean Gamestop managers were going to be aggressive like your example but if the manager is pleased with Sony and there product they sure as hell will promote it. One of the gamestops around me is very small and I see the manager work very often he has a lot of influence on the employees so I woudnt be surprised if his employees also push the product. 

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Nsanity said:
FatedReality said:

Surprise! All GameStop general managers will get a free Xbox One as well: http://www.neowin.net/news/surprise-all-gamestop-general-managers-will-get-a-free-xbox-one-as-well

Really!? Im not surprised MS did this there was no reason to let Sony get all the brownie points with Gamestop. Man do I really wish I was a Gamestop manager...

Around the Network

Wow, now I hope Nintendo jumps on board because this mean Gamestop will just be recommending PS4 & XBox One. O.O

BasilZero said:
FatedReality said:
Nsanity said:
FatedReality said:

Really!? Im not surprised MS did this there was no reason to let Sony get all the brownie points with Gamestop. Man do I really wish I was a Gamestop manager...

Crazy though, they get both a PS4 and a Xbox One.

Wonder if they had other deals like that for other systems in the past.

I always thought they got something from the compnaies whether it was games, Store credit (PSN, Xbox Live) or a system. I mean why not? The managers have control of the stores and will promote there product so might as well try to score some brownie points with them. Other companys do it like CoCa Cola gives store owners free soda machines just so they can promote there product in the store.

After the used game debacle I'm sure Gamestop is pro-Sony.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
After the used game debacle I'm sure Gamestop is pro-Sony.

Really, this again?

The "used game debacle" would have made GameStop one of a select few exclusive venues for used games. That would have made them more Pro-Microsoft more than anything because it guarantees return business on that system.

But since that is not happening anymore, no point in bringing it up. I just wanted to clarify your flawed logic.

When I worked with Microsoft customer support, if you graded out near the top percentage, you got a 360. I wonder if they're gonna get an XO this year?