By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hot Chips: Xbone Silicon (5b transistors, 363mm2, 8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

Adinnieken said:

Basically, he's saying that the Xbox One is capable of 5TFlops. It's performance is actually on par with a high-end PC, and will be beyond 2015. The SoC in the Xbox One is a W2W design, with the Move processors on the base layer, the APU on another layer, and the ESRAM on top. There is apparently some significant importance to being layered vs. being laid out on one wafer.

EDIT: Corrected the TeraFlop info.

Conversely the PS4 is 3.2TF

so do you by chance know if this guy can be trusted?

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
Is that why forza has baked lighting and no weather effects? ◔_◔

well, i don't believe that stuff about the power but that has absolutely nothing to do with forza. it's just a decision of priority for forza 5.  it's like saying forza horizon is  running on a more powerful console because it hasn't baked lighting or that f1 on n64 is more impressive because  it had rain.

Azerth said:

You can read from MS slide... 1.31TFLOPS.

ethomaz said:

Adinnieken said:

I corrected myself before your post.

5TFLOPS is wrong too.

How so?

Adinnieken said:

How so?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Azerth said:

i was refering more to the whole insder post stuff 

Azerth said:

i was refering more to the whole insder post stuff

Bull

where's realgamer go..?, looks like he only join here to post some crazy shit earlier.., so do I.., jcame here only to calm his tits down...

p.s : please don't ban me, i'm just a newbie..

So what' sup with this dude posting supposed insider stuff? Is he known to be legit? Has Gaf caught wind of this?

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

ethomaz said:

Adinnieken said:

How so?

So ~5 - 1.31 = 3.69.  What's the performance of the cpu in TFs?

You did understand that the 1.31TF is only the GPU, right?

Sony's 3.2 comes from 3.2 total - 1.84 for the GPU = 1.36 for the CPU

I'm not saying it's 5TF.  That's what that chain of comments says, which is what the OP asks.  The only thing is, the "insider" suggests that there is a discrete GPU, and as afar as I knew there wasn't one.  If there's a discrete GPU, then it would be APU (CPU+GPU)+dGPU = 5TFlops.  That would make sense, in order of reaching 5TF and would fit early rumors that the Xbox One was using two GPUs.  Unless the dGPU is another wafer, I don't see it however.