By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hot Chips: Xbone Silicon (5b transistors, 363mm2, 8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

The chip looks more and more complicated to develop on each and every day.

That said, great piece of hardware, nice played microsoft

Around the Network

This bit of that wall of text

Misterx: In other words Xbox One specs have not changed since Febrary 2013(APU is a system SoC that VGleaked and dGPU is application SoC - 2x8950 level GPUs tapped together) and Xbox One is a 5TF paper beast with optimisation and other new tech will equal to PCs 5TFx2=10TF.

Does it say what that the X1 have a GPU comparable to 2x8950 and that the console can perform like a 10TF PC?!

Because I find it really hard to belive, to be honest.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Adinnieken said:
Basically, he's saying that the Xbox One is capable of 10TFlops. It's performance is actually on par with a high-end PC, and will be beyond 2015. The SoC in the Xbox One is a W2W design, with the Move processors on the base layer, the APU on another layer, and the ESRAM on top. There is apparently some significant importance to being layered vs. being laid out on one wafer.

10TFLOPS? Where did you get that? Xbone is below high-end PC like PS4 is.

NYCrysis said:
realgamer said:
More information

Insider Daily: Xbox is w2w APU + discrete hi-end GPU + future proof tech from 2014-2015 PCs

misterxmedia
August 25th, 18:03
Insider: Congratulations on getting married....m

Well I guess you realise the unjustified hate sony has spread throughout the industry, has had a huge impact on Microsoft and its xbox brand. It has seen ms hardened up on nda and even resigned some of the bosses in control of xbox. The last 4 months has been to risky to contact you.. with the stricken rules... I would have risked way to much. But the best way to let you know the truth was to work harder then I ever have. The people behind the xbox brand stand buy the truth we do not play media games with sony... the pudding is in the mix with regards to how powerful said box really is. And credibility is out the window with sony. The games and devotion that xbox has with the one. Is even more a driving force then with windows. .. the games will speak for them selves. The xbox one is extremely powerful and it really does pack the graphics raw performance of the high end pc markets.... And it is more powerful then 1.85tf .. the people why think it is
1.2/3 are fooling the selves. I expect a few well known forums to start putting out the trash.... Hotchips will show enough to prove that sony have lied...

w2wapu + dgpu 680gtx level gains...:) and a new designed ddr3 hsa+ gcn2.0 + :)

/end of chat so far/

Misterx: In other words Xbox One specs have not changed since Febrary 2013(APU is a system SoC that VGleaked and dGPU is application SoC - 2x8950 level GPUs tapped together) and Xbox One is a 5TF paper beast with optimisation and other new tech will equal to PCs 5TFx2=10TF. Here is a link about what w2w is about http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/114613.html?thread=1524661. Some pictures from the link:

Is that why forza has baked lighting and no weather effects? ◔_◔

what would that have to do with anyting?  pretty sure thats a dev thing and since its a luanch game they probaly decide not to do it.  

For the guys that are not understanding a GAFer did a diagram to explain everything lol

Around the Network

10TFlops..!?!?, who needs a 3000$ RIG then..!?!?, people should buy Xbox One instead..!!, all PC gamer converting to Xbox One Confirmed!!, is this means Xbox One is 5.5 times more powerful than PS4 Confirmed..?!?

NYCrysis said:

They actually talk about this later on.  Microsoft is restricted by an AMD/Intel agreement until Sept 21st or 29th (both dates are given) before it and any studio can show off what the console is truly capable of.

They're saying EA will be the first to demonstrate this, with BF4.  It's currently running on the Xbox One in 60FPS 1080p, along with improved visualizations.  Behind closed doors, CryTek showed off a more updated version of Ryse, showing off what the game is actually capable of visually as well as combat wise. 

Also, apparently Bethesda will be announcing a XB1 exclusive too.

Azerth said:
NYCrysis said:
realgamer said:
More information

Insider Daily: Xbox is w2w APU + discrete hi-end GPU + future proof tech from 2014-2015 PCs

misterxmedia
August 25th, 18:03
Insider: Congratulations on getting married....m

Well I guess you realise the unjustified hate sony has spread throughout the industry, has had a huge impact on Microsoft and its xbox brand. It has seen ms hardened up on nda and even resigned some of the bosses in control of xbox. The last 4 months has been to risky to contact you.. with the stricken rules... I would have risked way to much. But the best way to let you know the truth was to work harder then I ever have. The people behind the xbox brand stand buy the truth we do not play media games with sony... the pudding is in the mix with regards to how powerful said box really is. And credibility is out the window with sony. The games and devotion that xbox has with the one. Is even more a driving force then with windows. .. the games will speak for them selves. The xbox one is extremely powerful and it really does pack the graphics raw performance of the high end pc markets.... And it is more powerful then 1.85tf .. the people why think it is
1.2/3 are fooling the selves. I expect a few well known forums to start putting out the trash.... Hotchips will show enough to prove that sony have lied...

w2wapu + dgpu 680gtx level gains...:) and a new designed ddr3 hsa+ gcn2.0 + :)

/end of chat so far/

Misterx: In other words Xbox One specs have not changed since Febrary 2013(APU is a system SoC that VGleaked and dGPU is application SoC - 2x8950 level GPUs tapped together) and Xbox One is a 5TF paper beast with optimisation and other new tech will equal to PCs 5TFx2=10TF. Here is a link about what w2w is about http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/114613.html?thread=1524661. Some pictures from the link:

what would that have to do with anyting?  pretty sure thats a dev thing and since its a luanch game they probaly decide not to do it.  

bu..bu..but teh 10 TFLOPS and with teh cloudzzz it's gonna be 4x that so 40tflops :O  

Back to REALITY:

It's sad to see how people are actually believing that xbone has 10tflops of power.

ethomaz said:
Adinnieken said:
Basically, he's saying that the Xbox One is capable of 10TFlops. It's performance is actually on par with a high-end PC, and will be beyond 2015. The SoC in the Xbox One is a W2W design, with the Move processors on the base layer, the APU on another layer, and the ESRAM on top. There is apparently some significant importance to being layered vs. being laid out on one wafer.

10TFLOPS? Where did you get that? Xbone is below high-end PC like PS4 is.

I corrected myself before your post.

Adinnieken said:

I corrected myself before your post.

5TFLOPS is wrong too.