By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - W101 is going to be a gargantuan flop

Tagged games:

Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:

Just semantics, but tone is something that does not carry over text, sarcasm rarely carries over in text and maintains the same "tone" as spoken word - but ill spell it out, yet again - he made a statement, which is not bad worthy, you may call it bashing but compared to some of the things said on this forum at times by other people - was pretty damn tame, as such i fail to see why it was worthy of a ban.

We do not know his tone, nor do we know if he was joking, as nobody asked him, he was simply banned - nobody asked for clarification - mr khan, and you, made a snap judgement call on a statement which would at best be seen as a "synical opinion" - you can keep saying "blah blah rules, blah blah trolling/bashing, ban was deserved", doesnt change the fact that the ban was not deserved.

"For a game that looks/plays like a $1 android/ios game"

The most frustrating part in this debate is that no matter how much you repeat that hes trolling or bashing, his observation is CORRECT regardless.

It was ban worthy. You know how I know? Because he got banned for it.

Right, i suppose in your mind all its okay that all the jews killed by the germans were killed "they deserved to be killed, you know how i know? because they got killed".

Absolutely shocking.

What a ridiculous analogy.

You got a problem, take it up with the mod team, not me. I'm not a mod, I simply approve of their actions and policy.

Now back on topic; Wonderful 101.

Sadly my prediction has been spot on for Europe and Japan; the US should be better, as that's the best market for Nintendo consoles, but I still forecast 30-40k first week, and that's optimistic.

Around the Network
pezus said:
curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:

Right, i suppose in your mind all its okay that all the jews killed by the germans were killed "they deserved to be killed, you know how i know? because they got killed".

Absolutely shocking.

What a ridiculous analogy.

You got a problem, take it up with the mod team, not me. I'm not a mod, I simply approve of their actions and policy.

Now back on topic; Wonderful 101.

Sadly my prediction has been spot on for Europe and Japan; the US should be better, as that's the best market for Nintendo consoles, but I still forecast 30-40k first week, and that's optimistic.

I'm going to say 15-20k, best case scenario. 

You're probably right, I just remembered it's release date; not just GTA5, but a week before the price cut... ouch.

Even if it is a flop, we will decide. The game is exclusive to Nintendo. Microsoft and Sony owners can't purchase this game at retail. This game is at Nintendo owners disposal, so even if we don't buy it at least we can. Only us Nintendo fans has option to get it.

I forgot to mention that I'm going to get this game. I am tied down by so many games.

PigPen said:
I forgot to mention that I'm going to get this game. I am tied down by so many games.

What games tying you down? Pikmin 3 by any chance?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nyleveia said:

Just semantics, but tone is something that does not carry over text, sarcasm rarely carries over in text and maintains the same "tone" as spoken word - but ill spell it out, yet again - he made a statement, which is not bad worthy, you may call it bashing but compared to some of the things said on this forum at times by other people - was pretty damn tame, as such i fail to see why it was worthy of a ban.

We do not know his tone, nor do we know if he was joking, as nobody asked him, he was simply banned - nobody asked for clarification - mr khan, and you, made a snap judgement call on a statement which would at best be seen as a "synical opinion" - you can keep saying "blah blah rules, blah blah trolling/bashing, ban was deserved", doesnt change the fact that the ban was not deserved.

"For a game that looks/plays like a $1 android/ios game"

The most frustrating part in this debate is that no matter how much you repeat that hes trolling or bashing, his observation is CORRECT regardless.

Go take a look at soulcraft or dungeon defenders 2, or any other decently made action rpg and youll see striking similarities across the board, from the half assed menus to the clunky control, W101 is essentially a retail tablet game for WiiU.

First off, the user in question already had a moderation history despite having less than ten posts, meaning that he has been warned before.

Secondly, the observation is incorrect. Not only does TW101 look significantly better than Soulcraft, it also plays significantly different. Soulcraft comes down to tapping one virtual button while TW101 uses six buttons and the right stick to string combos together and dodge. Action RPGs are simpler than action games in nature and this holds all the more true when you compare an action RPG on a limited platform like a smartphone to an action game on a home console with a proper controller.

Thirdly, a comment like that is of course made to bash the game.

Fourthly, the most disturbing part is that you are willing to stick up for such a user, simply because the comment in question was directed against a Nintendo product. And no, there's no reason to act like the average user has to fear being banned because of that ban.

1) Post history doesnt (or at least, shouldnt) be a deciding factor on the cause of bans, unless deciding between temp or permanent.

2) thats entirely a matter of opinion, also there are multiple bluetooth/wired gamepads available for android and ios devices should you not want to use touchscreen exclusively - there are plenty of great looking android games that dont cost a single penny due to their f2p nature.

3) Again, a matter of opinion, but even if the express intent WAS to bash the game, i see other users doing the same, in much more obvious ways and not receiving a ban or any sort of action against them.

4) Whats disturbing is that you yourself are trying to tie this to being about a specific console or manufacturer when it isnt, my issue was entirely with a user being banned for what was, in relative terms to the kind of thing other users frequently get away with, a tame post at best, but if you want to try and tie it to it being "simply because its a nintendo console" then by all means give examples from this very thread where you came to this conclusion, because frankly it seems like youre just pulling that one our of your arse.

curl-6 said:
PigPen said:

Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, Lego City: Undercover and I trying to pony up the money for Call Of Duty: Ghosts and Watch Dogs Gamestop preorder.  I am not rich but I wish I was right now.

Nyleveia said:

1) Post history doesnt (or atleast, shouldnt) be a deciding factor on cause of bans

Yes, it should. If you repeat offend, the penalties should of course get more severe than if you just do it once.

PigPen said:
curl-6 said:
PigPen said:

Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, Lego City: Undercover and I trying to pony up the money for Call Of Duty: Ghosts and Watch Dogs Gamestop preorder.  I am not rich but I wish I was right now.

Saving up for Ghosts myself, and Donkey Kong Country.

Wonderful 101 really didn't look like my cup of tea, and I'm short on money as I'm moving house, so I passed on it.

curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:

1) Post history doesnt (or atleast, shouldnt) be a deciding factor on cause of bans

Yes, it should. If you repeat offend, the penalties should of course get more severe than if you just do it once.

theres a gaping wide difference between "should he be banned for this post" and "should we ban temporarilly or permanently based on ban history"
repeat offending is one thing but number of offences should not raise of lower the bar of what is deemed banable.