By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Says Currently No Plans For Monster Hunter 4 On PlayStation Vita

Tagged games:

What do you want the next MH game to be on?

WiiU 98 47.80%

3DS 35 17.07%

Vita 46 22.44%

PS3 2 0.98%

PS4 17 8.29%

Xbox One 2 0.98%

PC 5 2.44%

Total:205

Pointless releasing a Vita MonHun, when the 3DS has the fanbase locked down.

Similar to last gen. Pointless releasing a MonHun on DS, when the fanbase was hard on PSP. The only difference here is that PSP and DS were both viable platforms for big games, while right now only the 3DS is a viable platform for big games.

If the Vita picks up and starts to sell relatively well, they will put a MonHun on Vita. Until the Vita has a large userbase though, then it aint happening and doesnt need to happen.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Similar to last gen. Pointless releasing a MonHun on DS, when the fanbase was hard on PSP. The only difference here is that PSP and DS were both viable platforms for big games, while right now only the 3DS is a viable platform for big games.

If the Vita picks up and starts to sell relatively well, they will put a MonHun on Vita. Until the Vita has a large userbase though, then it aint happening and doesnt need to happen.

Xbox360 and wii u got Monster Hunter so why psvita can't get one

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Nem said:
It also pretty much confirms Monster Hunter 5 for the Vita though.

I don't see why. In addition, it'd be like 2017 by the time MH5 comes out at the earliest, there could easily be new systems by then.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Carl2291 said:

It's kind of a "chicken&egg"-situation, isn't it?

There are no big games on the Vita because nobody is buying the system and nobody is buying the system because there are no big games on it.

If it works like that how is the platform ever supposed to succeed - moneyhatting? What games/franchises should Sony go for? MH und DQ are already taken - maybe Final Fantasy?

There is no need of Monster Hunter in PS Vita. Soul Sacrifice is the next Monster Hunter. They just need to improve somethings for the second part.

Right now that game is great. Playing it online is awesome, I love it, however, as I said, the second part needs to improve many things (specially the stages).

Around the Network
small44 said:
Carl2291 said:

Xbox 360 got a port of an old PC game. Wii was breaking records.

Vita may get an old port, but it will be about as relevant as the 360 MH.

DeduS said:
Carl2291 said:

It's kind of a "chicken&egg"-situation, isn't it?

There are no big games on the Vita because nobody is buying the system and nobody is buying the system because there are no big games on it.

If it works like that how is the platform ever supposed to succeed - moneyhatting? What games/franchises should Sony go for? MH und DQ are already taken - maybe Final Fantasy?

Final Fantasy seems to be locked on Playstation platforms forever now due to the success of the PS1 + PS2. Dragon Quest will remain on Nintendo platforms as Nintendo holds the publishing rights in North America + Europe. Furthermore, Square Enix seems pretty pleased with the handheld performances of Dragon Quest titles, no reason to change that now.

Monster Hunter could really go either way honestly. Monster Hunter is a successful handheld franchise and Sony is not performing well in that market, Nintendo are. Sony could moneyhat but Capcom has to benefit from sales as well - low userbase = less sales = low profit. Also, Nintendo did publish Monster Hunter 3 in Europe - so a publishing deal was made with Capcom and history repeated itself as Nintendo will publish Monster Hunter 4 in Taiwan, South Korea and so forth (Europe and NOA should follow suit) lol :P

Duno lol In my opinion, Sony lost a lot of marketshare in Japan and Nintendo more less controls that market now. Japanese developers will develop for PS3 and 3DS and wait a couple of years before entering next-gen

AlphaCielago said:
teigaga said:
AlphaCielago said:

So you think that all those titles you mentioned will explode Vita sales, while those games are also on another system. You last comment is more positive than it actually is, because the next best platform is the last platform too.

Well,yeah... explode Vita sales in relation to what they've been (12k).  And yes even though most are multiplatform, I specified Toukiden because that title is a new IP and multiplatform (PSP, huge userbase) yet provided a strong boost to vita's sales. The top 3 games I mentioned are all likely to perform better then Toukiden and will likely be mere weeks from each other. So if the Vita is currently selling around -17k whilst selling 33k on the week of the week of Toukidens release, I don't see why you won't expect some impressive sales this winter where the system will have a superior line up compared to this quarter.

Also your last statement is untrue as developers also have the option to release games on the PS3, PSP and Wii U. By years end the Vita will likely be the 2nd best option next to the 3DS.

Can you define explode? I want to know how much you think those sales would be. 

I think that God Eater and FFX will outsell Toukiden by 2x and 1.5x amd Jversus will have sales on par or less (isn't it a fighting game?).

To your last statement again, I understand where you're coming from now. I usually group handhelds at its side and home consoles at its side.

Well these were my predictions I posted in a different thread.

September- 90k
October-140k 
November-210k 
December-300k
Total: 740k (6x improvement over last Q4)

Just to put that into perspective, at the same period in their lives each of these consoles sold:

wii: 800k
PSP:1.6m
DS: 2.3m 
3DS: 2.5m

In context my predicted sales are good for a successful platform (only 60k difference from the wii in the same period), but far from its potental as a handheld in Japan.

Carl2291 said:
small44 said:
Carl2291 said:

Xbox 360 got a port of an old PC game. Wii was breaking records.

Vita may get an old port, but it will be about as relevant as the 360 MH.

A port of the xbox360 Monster Hunter is better then nothing,I talk about Wii U not Wii.

If Capcom want they can even make a spin off is they want.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

teigaga said:
AlphaCielago said:

Well these were my predictions I posted in a different thread.

September- 90k
October-140k 
November-210k 
December-300k
Total: 740k (6x improvement over last Q4)

Just to put that into perspective, at the same period in their lives each of these consoles sold:

wii: 800k
PSP:1.6m
DS: 2.3m 
3DS: 2.5m

In context my predicted sales are good for a successful platform (only 60k difference from the wii in the same period), but far from its potental as a handheld in Japan.

Those sales are higher than what I would expect. September shouldn't have a 50% boost, because it has nothing for that month. October is debatable and November and December, can be probable, the latter less so. 

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David